A new tab will open
Performs preventative and corrective maintenance procedures on material handling equipment to include but not limited to material handling equipment, powered equipment, and physical building structures. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Trouble shoot and repair material handling equipment including sorters and conveyors. • Identify problems requiring outside vendors and inform the Manager or Supervisor.
• Performs preventative maintenance on material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical components. Reports any problems to the Manager or Supervisor.
• Utilize the computerized maintenance management system. Monitors, reports, and documents the usage and replacement of equipment and parts.
• Able to read and diagnose electrical problems utilizing electrical schematics.
• Maintains a safe work environment. Reports potential safety concerns. Cleans work areas and the maintenance shop.
• Maintains and troubleshoots PLCs.
• Knowledge of 3Phase, 48OV, 277V, 24OV, Single Phase 120V, 12V and transformers for equipment and the building.
• Understand operations and function of electrical components such as relays, contactors, starters, fuses, capacitors, and solenoids.
• Monitor report and document the usage and replacement of spare parts.
• Apply standard, safe electrical practices using proven methods and NEC Code.
• Install wiring, conduit, and other electrical distribution devices.
• Knowledge of operation and safe storage practices of ARC and MIG welding equipment to include OXY/ACETYLENE, and PLASMA welding and cutting.
• Maintain a safe working environment at all times.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Associates degree or higher preferred.
• Must possess proficient knowledge and continuous adherence of OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the ML Safety program standards.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with colleagues and vendors.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment.
• May involve moving or lifting items up to 25 pounds.
• Sense of urgency and the ability to work independently.
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
To Apply: Click Here