Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and YouTube: /lumentechnologies
* The Role*
Lumen is a customer focused, cutting edge IT Solutions company that is driven to exceed our customers’ expectations and needs. In this role, the Senior Account Director is responsible for managing the Department of Homeland Security Agencies. This position requires to manage customers in the assigned customer accounts with the goal of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
* The Main Responsibilities*
* Contributing to the overall strategy for the sales channel.
* Supporting the Lumen’s proposal and capture team for bids, proposals, and solutions.
* Sales and process development, ensuring promotion of key messages, engagement of supporting functions, competitor analysis and market positioning, and raising the level of strategic services within the sales teams.
* Account development and growth:
* Salesforce experience. Ensure accurate forecasting of sales opportunities and funnel management.
* Building partnerships in the industry across partners.
* Ensuring that appropriate resources are applied to sales.
* Be the point of contact for the customers and continuously working towards solving customer challenges.
* Demonstrate thorough understanding of the Sales order cycle, Federal Govt contracting rules and processes.
* This position has the potential to convert to a leadership position with responsibilities to manage team members to meet and exceed revenue targets.
* What We Look For in a Candidate*
* Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
* 10+ years technical sales experience; with at least 5 year experience selling into Federal Government agencies.
* Experience managing and influencing client relationships at the senior executive level; ability to present and interact with all levels of customer management space.
* Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to coach, mentor, and lead others.
* Highly self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and in a team environment
* Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
* Proficient with MS office, Salesforce and ability to learn systems and processes as appropriate.
* What to Expect Next*
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete an online assessment immediately after applying. Completion of the online assessment is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the assessment. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 239873
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
* EEO Statement*
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?TkItgl9WCGGSZod1So%2b5Nwe