Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan since 1955, Lumbermen’s operates in Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. A leading distributor and manufacturer, we are driven by the goal to be first choice for our employee owners, customers, and suppliers. Lumbermen’s is 100% employee-owned and committed to investing in rewarding relationships and doing the right thing in every interaction.
Located at our Byron Center, MI location, the person in this position would assist with receipt, transfer, and storage of incoming freight, as well as picking and preparing orders for shipments. Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Unloading incoming freight, verifying product against enclosed packing lists, sorting material by end destination and putting away excess stock
• Using fork trucks and order picking equipment
• Loading outbound transfer trucks
• Accurately pulling customer orders and preparing material for shipment
• Securing and labeling products for delivery
• Transferring picked orders to staging area for delivery per the delivery schedule
• Assisting in cleaning and maintenance of warehouse
• Performing other tasks as assigned by the Warehouse Supervisor
At Lumbermen’s, we pride ourselves on treating our customers like family and delivering exceptional service. It’s crucial that the person selected to fill this role is highly organized and detail-oriented, service-minded, a strong and friendly communicator, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
This position offers a $250 annual clothing allowance to offset costs for work apparel, protective footwear, and PPE.
• High School diploma/GED required
• Prior warehouse experience is preferred
• Strong communication skills
• Safe working practices
• Natural detail-oriention
• Ability to accurately pull orders and load/unload trucks
• Ability to operate a forklift (Training provided)
• Ability to do physical labor including lifting of up to 75lbs
Lumbermen’s offers an exceptional work environment, competitive compensation, and great benefits, including: medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, and a generous company-funded ESOP program. Take ownership of your career today!
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?QEUWeZsKYUojxbTpFJMuIQx