What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As an Night Operations Department Supervisor, this means:
• Removing barriers, addressing inefficiencies, and enabling staff to delighting our customers.
• Collaborating with front-end and back-end operations associates to ensure items are adequately stocked.
• Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Night Operations Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. The Night Operations Department Supervisor impacts Lowe’s mission daily by planning, scheduling, monitoring, and successfully implementing all non-selling operations in the back end and front end of the store, facilitating the store’s ability to provide a superior customer shopping experience and maximize sales and profitability.
To be successful, the Night Operations Department Supervisor must collaborate and communicate with other Department Supervisors and Assistant Store Managers to determine the most effective methods for meeting service, operations, and safety objectives. The individual in this role must continuously drive efficiencies and be able to teach others the skills needed to maintain effective store operations. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, recognitions, and morale.
The Night Operations Department Supervisor helps keep our store safe by conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, training and monitoring staff, and understanding all safety and lifting requirements.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as manager-on-duty (MOD).
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores.
What We’re Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires working overnight shift.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
• Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
• Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
• Experience working cross-functionally.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Experience supporting front-end or back-end operations in a retail environment.
• Experience in customer service role.
• Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
• Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
• Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
If the state or local municipality requires a salesperson license for this position, you must either be licensed or pass the requisite licensing exam within sixty (60) days of starting employment in this position.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?UO46q7c3dMyAajcHIhltUwk