Lowe’s 2021 DoD SkillBridge Store Management Fellowship Program offers an immersive leadership assignment to transitioning service members, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 50 company. This Fellowship program is store-based, team-centric and customer focused. Lowe’s 2021 DoD SkillBridge Store Management Fellowship Program will run from May 3 rd to July 23 rd 2021.
The Store Management DoD SkillBridge Fellowship allows candidates to broaden learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of “we”. People who push the boundaries of what’s possible.
What you will do
During the 12-week program, Store Management DoD SkillBridge Fellows will gain an in-depth understanding of the Assistant Store Manager (ASM) career opportunity, through guided practical application. Fellows will work closely with a mentor and manager while leading the different departments and functions that drive a multimillion-dollar business. The ASM is primarily responsible for overseeing operations that facilitate the store’s ability to drive profitable sales and provide superior customer service. Activities for which this role is responsible include but are not limited to product display, pricing and signage, area recovery, freight flow, inventory, assembly, product fulfillment delivery, cashiers, and facility service. Responsibilities also include managing the opening and closing procedures in the store, managing the handling of cash deposits and outflow for the business, and ensuring store compliance with all safety procedures. In addition, the ASM is expected to provide full leadership over the store while acting as the Manager on Duty. Finally, the ASM is responsible for building and developing (includes recruiting, hiring, training, mentoring and coaching) a professional, engaged and talented team of managers that collectively foster an inclusive culture of efficiency and commitment to the customer experience.
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 year of experience leading associates in a retail environment OR 3 years of experience leading support or operations.
- 3 years of experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional work environment.
- 1 year of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Approved to participate in the SkillBridge program with your military installation command, click here to learn more about the application process:
- Bachelor’s degree, certification, or background in retail store freight flow logistics.
- 5 years of experience leading support/operations associates in a retail or consumer service industry.
- 3 years of experience performing manager-on-duty responsibilities, including management of daily store operations and processes within and beyond assigned areas of responsibility.
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Broad knowledge of interior/exterior product categories (e.g., flooring, cabinets, millwork, building materials, appliances, home décor, lighting, plumbing).
- Experience working with store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
About Lowe’s in the Community
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or on Twitter.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?4NRw5T60CbhOs8eQ7uN5BAc