Lowe’s 2021 DoD SkillBridge Operation Supervisor Fellowship Program offers an immersive leadership assignment to transitioning service members, enhancing their understanding of the retail business world through valuable, hands-on experience with a FORTUNE 50 company. This Fellowship program is Regional Distribution Center Based, team-centric, and customer-focused.
The Operations Supervisor DoD Fellowship allows candidates to broaden learning, experience, organizational knowledge, and business acumen. We are looking for people driven by potential. Dynamic individuals who are inspiring as they are inspired. Sharp minds eager to take on new challenges and recognize new opportunities. Great collaborators who understand the power of “we”. People who push the boundaries of what’s possible.
What you will do
During the 12-week program, Operations Supervisor DoD SkillBridge Fellows will gain an in-depth understanding of the Operations Supervisor career opportunity through guided practical application. In this Fellowship, the Operation Supervisor DoD SkillBridge Fellow will be shadowing the Operations Supervisor who is accountable for leading a high performing team and is responsible for handling product safely, efficiently, and effectively as it moves through the facility. While monitoring production volume and assigning tasks involving receiving, put away, picking or shipping product (including appliances), or supporting tasks to Team Members. The Operations Supervisor must be able to mentor and build a culture of safety among Team Members to achieve a safe working environment. Operation Supervisor DoD SkillBridge Fellow will also be exposed to multiple reports and analyzing data so that they see first hand what appropriate action is taken for changing workflow situations (e.g., prioritizing product, demand drops).
What You Need To Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, Industrial Engineering, Business, or related field OR 4 years of experience in a distribution center/warehouse operations or related area
- Basic math and reading comprehension skills
- Basic computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven record of complying with safety requirements
- Approved to participate in the SkillBridge program with your military installation command, click here to learn more about the application process:
- Certification or experience in Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt.
- A passion for winning and an understanding that you can always do better.
- Proven ability to look for solutions in unconventional ways. Seeing opportunities to innovate and lead the way.
- Ability to work with shifting deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com .
About Lowe’s in the Community:
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or on Twitter.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?pHOBB7%2bmn%2fMWS7jLfRvlQwr