Title: Payroll Specialist (ADP)
Location: Warren, MI
Company: global automotive supplier
Components assembly: automotive plastics and metal exterior components
Travel percentage: 5% (training)
Position: Full Time Direct Hire / Permanent
Hours expectation: 50-55 hours a week, sometimes 40-45, averaging 50
Hours: flexible scheduled Monday through Friday
Salary: $65k – $75k, maybe more
Bonus: yes, discretionary at the end of year
Educational requirements: Bachelor’s degree preferred (not mandatory)
Reports to: HR Manager
Start Date: February 2021
Experience in ADP: 3 years, searching for a Super User of ADP (satisfying some 300+ employees weekly)
Interview: 2-3 step process, at least 2. 1 st step is a Phone Screen of MS Teams (video) interview. 2 nd is a plant visit and sit down with HR Manager, Lead, and another possible Manager. May be 3 rd step interview to meet the Assistant GM or General Manager.
Training: client willing to train on Benefits duties
Overall duties of the role: This position will provide support and administrative duties for payroll, benefits and other employee related issues. Maintains accurate records, personnel files and employee related data bases. Assists in administration of Human Resource policies and procedures.
Notes: Client needs a Super User of ADP. They are using version, Time and Attendance, AKA Workforce Now. Must have experience with Pay Schedules and Pay Classes, etc. Client will train on Benefits, they are using PeopleSoft. The role will utilize both Payroll and Benefits duties. Manufacturing experience would be bonus, and Automotive manufacturing experience would be a super bonus. The client wants the candidate to have worked with 300+ employees on a weekly basis. The client pays their hourly employees weekly and their salaried employee bi-weekly. The client has 500 employees on site.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May provide administrative support for company health and safety objectives and support the company’s health and safety directives to provide a safe and healthful workplace for all employees, this includes:
- Regulatory compliance with local, state and federal legislations.
- Establishing plant-wide measurable and goals that meet or exceed industry standards, and are monitored, tracked and audited on a regular basis and communicated to employees.
- Recognition of accomplishments/milestones in the areas of safety, environmental, ergonomics and employee wellness.
- Development of effective programs that increase employee awareness and involvement in the areas of safety, environmental, ergonomics and employee wellness.
- Accountability of supervisors for enforcing safety rules and implementing the necessary training and corrective actions to ensure proper focus on established objectives.
- Assemble, update and maintain confidential employee personnel records/files and information.
- Prepare and maintain employment records related to hiring, terminations, leaves, transfers or promotions
- Assist with new employee orientations to review payroll records, group benefits, retirement programs, Employee Charter and Constitution, company policy and procedures, and all other company related information.
- Administer benefit programs including health and welfare benefits, COBRA, insurance for life and disability (short-term and long-term), employee and family assistance, workers’ compensation, unemployment, etc. Performs day-to-day administrative tasks to manage records, polices, compensation plans, insurance forms, enrollment and separation materials, payroll and reporting.
- Reconcile benefit enrollment to monthly bill charges, and maintain utilization graphs and statistical data.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of PeopleSoft database and ensuring data integrity.
- Process hourly and salary payroll.
- Assist with job postings, recruitment, administration of performance evaluations and disciplinary action documentation.
- Assist the HR Manager in communicating employee relation activities within the organization such as company events, newsletters, company surveys, and other special projects as needed.
- Assist with various year-end procedures such as: notifying COBRA participants of new rates; entering hours and earnings for direct hires into PeopleSoft; researching/reporting on audit inquiries for DPSP and 401K programs, etc.
- Assist in administering performance review ratings, performance improvement plans, trainings, and orientations.
- Assists in administering Education Assistance, Fairness Committee, Safety Committee, Social Responsibility, and other programs as needed.
- Support recruiting efforts as necessary. Document HR processes, assist with special initiatives and perform additional projects and duties as required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with PeopleSoft is a bonus (benefits area)
- ADP is must have, at a high level (Super User level)
- Working knowledge of Federal and State labor and employment law.
- Minimum 3 years payroll experience
- 2 years employee benefit administration (bonus)
- Ability to work independently and apply analytical thinking to resolve issues
- Familiar with laws pertaining to payroll and employee benefits: ERISA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, DOL, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure (automotive manufacturing is typically face paced)
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Kg361Cnmnnps9c6yNWmyyQt