Integrated Missions Operation (IMO) within the Civil Group at Leidos is seeking a Sr. Business Development/Capture Manager.
The Business Development Manager is a key member of the senior leadership team for IMO. Position is based on the east coast (preferably in the D.C. area) and will require business travel as needed for a geographically dispersed organization.
This position reports to the IMO Business Development Director and is an Operations Level Strategic position accountable for the execution and growth of current key/strategic Department of Energy (DOE) and National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) targeted Civil account areas.
The Sr. Business Development Manager is responsible for ensuring excellence in delivery of full life cycle business development activities, including management of bid and proposal (B&P) resources, target identification, capture strategies, proposal management, account management, packaged service offerings contract award and customer relations specifically for the Energy business line.
- This position will provide critical linkages between the Civil Group’s Energy Strategic Account Executive and IMO including our strategic plan and IMO new business objectives.
- This individual will partner with the IMO Business Development Director to ensure effective use of B&P resources for associated bids as well as identifying and collaborating with counterparts across Leidos including the Civil Group’s Strategic Account Executive, Line and Corporate Business Development Leadership to ensure best of breed solutions are brought forward to customers and ensures IMO is appropriately represented for strategic, large-scale campaigns in our core IMO markets.
- This position advises the IMO Business Development Director on call plans for key customers and programs and provides additional leadership and expertise in other new business matters including: strategic planning, competitive intelligence and market analysis.
- Candidate will participate in senior line and business development pipeline-pursuit reviews to ensure solid value propositions, win strategies, call plans, etc., are completed along with applicable Salesforce data entry and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 15+ years of related experience.
- Must have a demonstrated track record of designing and executing successful large infrastructure, technology, IT and cyber security acquisition strategies and achieving profitable revenue growth in federal government contracting work.
- Must have reputation for being able to build high performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must have ten or more years of related recent experience with a track record of closing deals within the infrastructure, technology, IT and cyber security business space, preferably with Federal Energy customers. Past experience must also include management of successful business development for large enterprise IT and services, standard contracts and IDIQ programs, specifically with Civil agencies
- Proven recent success managing and developing BD capture professionals is a plus.
- A demonstrated sustained ability and reputation of winning complex infrastructure, technology, IT and cyber security programs with values over $100M is essential. Portfolio of submittals and awards should include experience in all types of government contracts (firm-fixed price, T&M, cost-plus, etc.) and full array of capture strategies (major re-competes, incumbent capture, sole source, etc.).
- Must have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and highly effective interpersonal skills in order to carry-out daily interactions with technical leaders and business executives within the Corporation, Civil Group, and IMO and with customers, industry and subcontractors.
- Past experience that demonstrates the ability to contribute to fast-paced business leadership teams will be a plus.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?E0ptG1ObUmZipC4CCuc%2bNAo