The Leidos C4ISR Operation of the Defense Group is seeking an experienced Air Force Business Development Manager to support the pursuit of opportunities across the US Air Force with an emphasis on Command and Control.
The BD Manager will drive the organization’s strategic growth objectives by developing and refining an understanding of customers’ most important needs and creating/leading winning capture strategies. The BD Manager will lead efforts for identification, qualification and capture of specific opportunities as well as the generation of qualified pipeline growth to support the Operation’s forecast and plan. In addition, this individual will recommend and implement BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration and to drive tactical and strategic growth. The ideal candidate will have experience with the US Air Force and C4ISR.
- Demonstrated success in growing US Air Force Business, especially in C4ISR solutions.
- Grow and qualify an opportunity pipeline of future opportunities that support future growth.
- Perform to annual revenue generation, pipeline, submit, and award targets.
- Work in a team environment with senior executives, strategic account executives, program staff and capture managers to develop successful market strategies, strategic partnerships and competitive analysis.
- Develop, track, and execute Business Development/Capture tasks from lead generation to capture stages of the business development cycle.
- Obtain market intelligence and competitive data pertaining to potential targeted pursuits, and develop marketing strategies that maximize the value of that intelligence.
- Establish, build, and maintain customer relationships and assess competitor capabilities aligned to specific customers across a diverse business portfolio.
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategy and a marketing plan for expanding our technical capabilities.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations in the Leidos enterprise to support opportunities.
- Support Operation marketing efforts by developing collateral, white papers, and by working with Solution Architects to properly develop and market technical capabilities.
- Lead and actively participate in tradeshows, industry events and general customer outreach efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (business/marketing, engineering or computer science) and 12+ years of related experience or Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Leadership experience working in aerospace & defense, organizing and executing all aspects of business development and capture, planning, and execution.
- Demonstrated experience executing significant business development activities, including building industry teams, customer call plans to shape acquisitions, pipeline management in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Demonstrated success in leading and growing USAF C4ISR opportunities.
- Can provide at least one example of leading opportunity captures >$50 million including: developing overall win strategy, shaping deals with customers, developing team strategies, understanding pricing and assisting in developing winning price.
- Ability to identify, establish and use important customer relationships with senior level officials and program stakeholders with DOD Customer.
- Proven ability to collaborate within and across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company’s growth strategy.
- Knowledge of Government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
- Knowledge and understanding of US export controls (ITAR and EAR), trade procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of competitors and ability to model competitor behaviors in the market.
- Experience in budget management of New Business Funds.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; experience presenting to senior executives, peers, and customers.
- Proven experience working with geographically diverse teams.
- Mentoring of capture teams in the development of win strategies.
- Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives.
- Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities and OCONUS to support customer visits and strategy workshops.
- Estimated up to 50% annually as required.
- Active Secret level clearance.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Experience with USAF DCGS, AOC, CRC, Air Battle Management and C4ISR systems highly desired.
- Prior program management, capture management or systems engineering experience a plus.
- Advanced degree in related field.
- Completed professional training in Business Development Management.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 ® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That’s why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YLPfdHrficOrVHtWdG0s7gg