kSARIA Service Corporation is searching for skilled Fiber Optics Technicians for our East Coast Field Services Division. Candidates must possess a high school diploma, GED or industrial school certificate, a willingness to travel , and 3-5 years of practical shipboard experience with Combat Systems and HM&E systems and equipment.
*Ideal opportunity for Navy IC/ET/AT/EM or similar rated technician.
Experienced in installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. The installation, termination, labeling, testing, troubleshooting and certification of cabling components. Experienced in single or multi-strand multi-mode or single-mode fiber optic cable primarily within government facilities.
- Read, understand and follow customer work item instructions, drawings and cable routing diagrams to install, tag and band fiber optic cable assemblies on board US Navy Ships
- Use customer wiring list drawings for termination of fiber optic connectors in accordance with Military Standards and NAVY Standard Items
- Use optical test equipment in conjunction with customer wiring list drawings and NAVY Standard Items for performing in-process and final test of installed and terminated cable assemblies
- Troubleshoot and repair damaged or non-conforming cable assemblies as necessary to ensure full compliance with customer specifications and requirements
- Document and maintain detailed test and inspection records for all cable assemblies tested and inspected
- Ensure proper setup and calibration of all termination and test equipment
• Candidates must possess a high school diploma, GED or industrial school certificate
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience
• Must have previous certification or ability to quickly certify in fiber optic connectorization and inspection of shipboard cable assemblies per Navy Standard Item 009-73 and MIL-STD-2042
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a SECRET clearance
• Must be able to pass drug test and background check for access to Navy bases, vessels, and other shipyards servicing Navy vessels
• Ability to read, understand and follow customer work item requirements, drawings and wiring diagrams
• Must be able to walk, stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, stretch, reach, squat and twist
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs
• Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces
• Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
• Must be willing to travel within and outside of the continental United States
- Ex-Navy Electronics field related
- Trade school grad
- DOD Secret Clearance
kSARIA offer its employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Health insurance
• Company paid dental insurance
• Company paid life and disability insurance
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement plan
kSARIA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?Iy9klxetq0IQoswmfXuCYAr