Position: Vice President Program Impact and Partnerships
Reports to: Founder & Chief Executive Officer
ABOUT THE CENTER FOR ECONOMIC INCLUSION
The Center for Economic Inclusion is a cross-sector organization committed to strengthening the Minneapolis – St. Paul region’s civic infrastructure and collective capacity to disrupt systems and influence market forces to catalyze shared prosperity and advance an inclusive economy. We define our vision by the extent to which people of color have achieved or surpassed parity with whites in employment, income and wealth, and the Minneapolis-St. Paul regional economy is growing. Our strategies support leaders and institutions in connecting data to action in pursuit of these three strategic objectives:
- Create broad, measurable shared accountability for creating an inclusive economy among decision & policy makers
- Disrupt stagnant, exclusive systems with productive private and public sector solutions at scale to move our region forward
- Partner to enable the regional and place-based infrastructure of racial and economic opportunity
HOW WE WORK
At the Center we take pride in bringing our values to life and “walking the talk.” We are a diverse team in many ways, and we believe our diversity of thought makes us stronger and our work more innovative and responsive to the communities we serve. We strive to maintain a collaborative work environment that also stimulates individual autonomy and accountability for performance goals and excellence. We invest in great talent, and nurture it and we believe in the power of career pathways within the Center. We look for these values in the talented individuals who join our team and we strive to cultivate an environment that harnesses the collective power of these values, traits and the expertise that each team member brings in pursuit of our mission.
- High-performance & High-engagement
- Shared risk
- Nimble Action
The Vice President of Program Impact and Partnerships will lead a growing team of leaders to fulfill a multi-faceted strategy across 4 domains: Inclusive Growth, Employer Inclusivity, Partnerships and Research (described below) to fulfill the Centers’ mission and ensure that that we are making measurable quantitative and qualitative progress toward regional inclusive growth and institutional revenue growth goals. The Vice President will have strategic and operational responsibility for all program areas including program leadership planning delivery and evaluation, knowledge management and internal program learning; multi-sector relationship building and donor engagement. The Vice President will partner closely with the Vice President- Strategy & Operations to lead the design, implementation, evaluation and re-articulation of the Center’s earned revenue business strategy.
A visible and vocal champion for inclusive growth, the Vice President will lead the Center’s efforts to drive internal and external collaborative and multidisciplinary approaches to service delivery and program execution and cross-sector collaboration. The leader will also champion the development of a new Partner Impact Council to build a culture of shared accountability and solidarity for economic inclusion throughout the region.
4 Program Impact & Partnerships Teams
- Inclusive Growth: Responsible for advancing inclusive economic growth and competitiveness in the public sector ( Includes fee for service);
- Employer Inclusivity: Responsible for equipping private and public sector employers with the knowledge, tools and resources to build and institutionalize racially and economically equitable, inclusive and innovative, talent, procurement and investment policies, practices and systems. ( includes fee for service);
- Partnerships: The Center leverages internal relationships with Integrated Partners and Tenants and a host of external nonprofit, philanthropic, civic and business partners to achieve the mission. The Vice President will oversee efforts to articulate partnership agreements, build a results-based environment for nurturing shared goals and aligned actions, and ultimately ensuring that we are achieving more together than we could alone.
- Research: The Center prides itself on being data-informed in our approach and actions, and equipping our partners and customers with relevant, and rigorous research. The Vice President will lead efforts to cultivate research that builds on this vision, with the use of the Indicators for an Inclusive Regional Economy as a baseline framework.
Program Strategy & Leadership
- Serve as an internal and external subject matter expert and thought leader on inclusive growth and racial equity
- Create and maintain a structure and environment for multi-faceted, cross-functional program and impact design, delivery, and evaluation aligned with the Center’s strategic framework and budget.
- Actively engage all team members in the program planning to optimize cross-functional design and execution; Make strategic decisions that advance the Center’s cross-sector, multi-disciplinary approach to economic inclusion
- Develop and lead a Partner Impact Council to create and nurture a regional culture of shared accountability and solidarity among multi-sector organizations.
- Actively engage business, civic, community, and public sector leaders and organizations in the work of building an inclusive regional economy in partnership with Center leaders.
- Facilitate effective communications and collaboration between partners and programs
- Ensure program effectiveness through rigorous metrics and analysis of data and outcomes; identify and implement improvements as needed
- Partner with Director of Results Management and Partnerships and Programs teams to develop metrics, tools, processes and reports to ensure accurate and timely management of data related to all partnerships and programs
- Lead, supervise and equip program and strategy team members and foster an environment that aligns with the Center’s values and performance imperatives
- Cultivate collaboration, systems thinking, and adaptive learning to develop cross-departmental program design and implementation
- Implement Center performance measurement process and develop goals, objectives and accountabilities with each member of the team
- Develop and lead process for responding to private and public sector RFP’s that deliver on the Centers’ mission, competencies, capacity and goals
- Contribute to the creation and stewardship of organizational culture and ethos, both internally and externally. Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Participate as member of the Senior Leadership Team and actively contribute to achieving the Center’s goals
- Collaborate with the VP of Development and Marketing to plan and formulate funding proposals for partnerships
- Participate in fundraising and support grant writing as needed
- Represent the Center on boards, Board and other committees and task forces (internal and external) as agreed upon with the Center
- Review all reports, including financial, operating and program reporting, in preparation for CEO and Board review; Monitor use of restricted funds in coordination with Vice President of Finance and programs leaders
- Manage organizational risk through adherence to sound policies and practices and compliance with legal requirements
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the mission, vision and values of the Center
- Experience, advanced knowledge and ability to drive strategic results in housing, economic development, workforce development and/ or transportation
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree highly preferred, in one of the following disciplines: Business Management, Organizational Effectiveness, Nonprofit Management, Public Administration, Planning or Public Policy or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience related to program development, partnerships/collaborations and/or supervisory experience in a senior management role in a nonprofit or collaborative organization.
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities’ legislative, public policy, and political environment is a benefit
- Experience leading and managing high functioning teams
- Experience in building consensus among diverse stakeholders working toward a common goal and motivate action
- Demonstrated racial equity and inclusion competencies
- Stature, gravitas, and confidence to gain the credibility and respect of high-performing Board of directors and external stakeholders
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output
- Excellent project management skills; able to keep multiple critical projects on track at once
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work empathically and collaboratively with internal and a wide range of external stakeholders
- Highly organized; able to prioritize between and within multiple assignments
- Excellent ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively
….. click apply for full job details
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?wOgvsyO7BI8Pa1oxXzKDqQz