Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge Is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 255 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 110,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and career success, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve. If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, please join us!
KIPP Foundation’s Development department is responsible for advancing organizational strategy through revenue generation and strategic partnerships and drives the support to fuel KIPP’s work. The team is a tight-knit, energetic, and passionate group that ensures the KIPP Foundation can provide current and future KIPP schools with the programmatic support and resources necessary to help students in underserved communities get to and through college.
The Manager, Development Operations is responsible for advancing development operational strategy through seamless integration of fundraising campaign mechanics that would drive revenue generation and strategic partnerships to fuel KIPP’s work. The role works deeply with Development teammates and collaboratively with colleagues on many teams across KIPP Foundation (including Finance, Marketing, IT, etc.) and the local KIPP regions.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Generate, improve, and maintain key strategic donor stewardship opportunities including acknowledgment, recognition, tracking of ongoing communications, and continued cultivation for past and current donors to streamline efficiency throughout all stages of the fundraising moves management process
- Implement a donor segmentation strategy using existing list and new research to identify level of alignment with KIPP’s mission, and develop specific strategies to support donor segments that maximize staff time and attention
- Develop and execute a system of gold standards in Development: a comprehensive regional hub of knowledge transfer best practices, regional tools, processes, and templates that centralizes data to help share with development network
- Identify opportunities for Salesforce system enhancements and collaborate with Database Manager to review requirements, test cases, and develop documentation for implementation
- Monitor quality of revenue, donor involvement, and constituent data entered in Salesforce by Associate, Development Operations and Major Gift Officers; work with team members to ensure accurate data and timely recording
- Collaborate with Finance team to ensure committed and pipeline revenues entered in Salesforce are aligned and reconciled with their records for leadership reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Special projects as assigned
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: Gathers information from different sources; sifts through complexity; and proposes relevant solutions.
- Planning & Execution: Uses backwards planning to meet milestones, prioritizes time and resources to meet goals, holds self & others accountable.
- Achievement orientation: Sets challenging goals, takes initiative, follows through to get results. Demonstrates resilience and flexibility. Has a consistent history of personal success and achieving excellence.
- Continuous Learning: Ability to provide and accept feedback. Uses data and research to assess areas for improvement.
- Stakeholder Management: Develops strong, trusting, respectful relationships with others.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in fundraising and donor data management required
- Passion for KIPP’s mission and values
- Highly motivated self-starter and self-manager
- An organized team player with impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated to constantly seek ways to improve fundraising results
- Technologically savvy, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Salesforce or another database experience is a plus
- Location – Flexible
- Must be willing and able to travel at least 30% of time
- Exemption status: Full time / exempt
Compensation and Benefits
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
KIPP Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?0GJT4SJYjS7OvdVFmOXjYAz