Interested in joining a phenomenal FinTech team (Laurel Road) based in New York City and supported by one of the top super regional banks (KeyCorp) in the country? Looking to be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements? If your answers are yes, then we have an outstanding opportunity for you.
The Senior Manager of Business Development will play a critical role in setting and executing a sales strategy to expand Laurel Road’s partnerships and alliances with various potential constituencies, including associations, healthcare organizations and leading companies across a diverse array of industries. The end goal is to cultivate, negotiate, implement and manage strategic partnerships that provide significant results to Laurel Road’s bottom line.
The Senior Manager of Business Development will report to the Senior Vice President, Head of Business Development and Marketing Partnerships, and will play an important role on the Business Development and Partnerships Team.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Nurture key relationships among potential partners, both in C-suite and below, to generate interest and move deals through the pipeline to closure
- Prioritize partner segments and target organizations based on end customer alignment, economic opportunity and ability to close, developing a business case and marketing plan for those deemed viable
- Based on partner needs and potential business value, recommend different product and technology constructs to enhance partner interest and relationship
- Negotiate agreements with potential partners with focus on aligned and engaged deal terms that drive high performing partnerships
- Network internally and externally to become a recognized force in consumer finance partnering circles
- Develop a system to accurately forecast, reconcile, and optimize partner marketing, originations, loan volume, and economic performance
- Works with partnership marketing and executive teams to design and implement partner marketing plans
- Identifies creative ways to connect with partner members and employees
- Analyzes effectiveness of marketing activities and adjusts future strategies accordingly
- Collaborates with partnership marketing team members to ensure smooth onboarding of new partners
- Ensures quality and consistency of all marketing materials prior to market implementation
- Ongoing review of competitor activity and best practices, with the ability to bring key learnings into practice
- Adheres to compliance procedures and internal operational risk controls in accordance with all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Our successful candidate will have eight or more years of sourcing and driving high performing partnership programs. She/he will have well-honed strategic skills that allows her/him to identify potential industries, channels, and specific partners understanding the potential profitability to both our company and the potential partner. The individual will be well networked in Laurel Road target industries and be recognized as a “go to” person with experience defining and structuring agreements that drive successful partnership programs. The individual needs to be relationship-driven and have a proven ability to influence people in a constructive fashion. She/he must be collaborative and solutions-orientated with an ability to come up with creative solutions to problems. A deep understanding of marketing plans and affinity partnership marketing programs is critical. This individual needs to be driven, motivated by business impact and potential personal upside, and have an ability to work in an intense, high energy, entrepreneurial environment. While initially this will be an individual contributor role, given the dramatic growth of our business, leadership experience and skills would be looked upon favorably.
It is anticipated that this individual’s experience will be augmented by academic credentials that will include an undergraduate degree and may be complemented by an advanced degree as well.
- The following are characteristics of a candidate for this important role:
- Team player who can build strong working relationships, collaborate effectively across multiple stakeholder groups and levels of leadership
- Demonstrated knowledge of business development and partner marketing strategies
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable expressing ideas to management and external partners
- Ability to learn quickly and present to executives with confidence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization and time management skills for effective business development strategy and project planning
- Highly curious, always looking for new opportunities to improve the business and implement best practices
- Ability to build trust and credibility, across all levels of the organization and with partners
- Has the highest standards of quality and professionalism, which motivates similar expectations in those around you
- Attention to detail given the importance of adherence to all regulations and our focus on compliance
- Deep experience in marketing partnerships, financial sector background preferred, FinTech knowledge a plus
- College degree or equivalent work experience. A degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Finance or related field (strongly preferred)
- Experience in financial sector preferred, FinTech a plus
- Required Years of Work Experience: 8
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YLPfdHrficNf9mg0%2fLYwFwg