Research Associate I / Investigative Toxicology _ South San Francisco, CA Kelly Services is currently seeking a Research Associate I / Investigative Toxicology for one of our top clients in South San Francisco, CA to support a 12-month assignment. SUMMARY: This position is in the Investigative Toxicology Group within the department of Safety Assessment within our client’s Research and Early Development organization. The mission of the Investigative Toxicology group is to elucidate the mechanisms underlying toxicities that are observed non-clinically and/or in clinical trials through hypothesis driven research. This process involves closely collaborating with scientists across the organization to support the overall safety assessment for our novel therapeutics spanning drug discovery through clinical development and marketing. The group provides fit-for-purpose investigation to address target safety assessment, lead optimization and issue mitigation by employing state-of-the-science in vitro and ex vivo approaches. RESPONSIBLITIES:
- We are looking for a highly motivated candidate to work in collaboration with other researchers in the Investigative Toxicology lab.
- This individual must have experience in cell culture and will be responsible for: culturing and expanding primary cells and cell lines for in vitro screening, treating and performing assays to access cytotoxicity and metabolic changes of cells, capturing cell culture images using confocal and high content imaging.
- In particular, the initial focus this position will be to support the assessment of mitochondrial liabilities using a cell-based respiration assay.
- This individual is expected to make detailed observations related to experiments, perform, analyze data and interpret results.
- He/she will contribute with scientific insights and also work in projects related to peer review publications.
- The individual may also participate in other related projects to support toxicity testing for our drug discovery program.
- This is an ideal position for a researcher who is enthusiastic about learning and contributing to projects with a broad range of techniques. As such the position requires excellent communication and collaboration skills, attention to detail, a desire to learn about and integrate multiple aspects of drug toxicity and a passion for lab-based research.
- Maintaining documentation related to protocol execution and results.
- Writing protocols and contributing to final reports as appropriate.
- Adhering to departmental SOPs to ensure study integrity and quality.
- Conducting experiments with a high level of independence and initiative.
SKILLS: The candidate will provide scientific and technical support for assays and platforms supported by the Investigative Toxicology group by:
- Performing experiments involving: Immortalized and primary cell culture, cell viability assessment, ELISAs, gene expression analysis, high content screening, confocal microscopy, etc. Experience with immortalized and/or primary cell culture is required.
- Performing tasks with minimal direct supervision for routine methods and studies commonly employed by the team.
- Ability to analyze, integrate and summarize data in a presentation is required.
- Bachelors (BS/BA) in pharmacology, pharmaceutical science, biology, bioengineering, chemistry, physiology, or related discipline is required; Masters (MS) degree is desirable, but not required.
- 1-3+ years of laboratory experience with hypothesis-driven research is required.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Email for questions about the position but please apply online to be considered for the position. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?NLD8aS1RHA2XctPVrihqiwo