Biochemist II _ North Chicago, IL Kelly Services is currently seeking a Biochemist II for one of our top clients in North Chicago, IL. This position is a 6-month temporary assignment with potential of being extended. The candidate for this Biochemist II position will be working in the Biotransformation group in one of our top client’s Bioanalysis and Biotransformation department. This position will be focused on preparing biological samples and performing LCMS assays to characterize biotransformation of small molecule drugs. The individual will be expected to have solid experience in wet lab work including enzyme incubations, in vivo sample handling, and organic extractions. LCMS experience is a plus.
This individual must independently generate accurate, reliable, and reproducible data in a timely manner and demonstrate strong attention to detail. The individual must be highly motivated and possess a fundamental understanding of good laboratory practices with the ability to quickly learn and apply various analytical techniques such as chromatography, mass spectrometry, and wet chemical techniques.
- Perform biological incubations of drug molecules, purification of biological samples, optimization of LCMS methods, and analysis of LCMS data.
- Plan and perform routine tasks competently and independently within a timely fashion and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Document experimental activities and results using an electronic data acquisition and management systems.
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations from the expected results.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques with a curiosity to apply them for unique project / assignment requirements.
- Demonstrate skill in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols, as required, to suit the changing needs of research or development sciences.
- Impact projects predominantly through lab activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- BS with 2-5 yrs. lab experience or MS in chemistry or life sciences.
- Solid use of wet lab techniques such as in vitro enzyme incubations, cell culture, and micropipetting.
- Solid documentation skills and ability to present findings to larger groups are valuable.
- Experience with LC-MS, particularly for structural identification, and familiarity with Thermo Orbitrap mass spectrometers are a plus, but not required.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Call for questions about the position but please apply online to be considered for the position. Why Kelly?
- As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Apply Today! •Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?DpiTlCdc2MthRDPBUKYo7Qa