Kelly Services is seeking a Public Relations Manager for one of the world’s largest chemical manufacturing companies in Research Triangle Park, NC.
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Location: Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
Est. Start Date: 2/15/2021
Hours: 40 hours/week, 8 hours/day
Pay Rate: $40 – $48 per hour
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external role-players, including ag media, business leaders and community stakeholders.
- Provide strategic PR direction and counsel for company product launches, and key initiatives.
- Manage media inquiries and serve as company spokesperson.
- Execute proactive media outreach and reactive media relations strategies for company crises as needed.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to generate content and ideas in line with the company’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Research and write content, including press releases, editorial articles, drafts response statements, messaging, FAQ’s, presentations, speeches, talking points, media briefing documents, and other communications materials.
- Arrange and coordinate media relations activities in communities where Company serves.
- Help manage external public relations agency.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of the company’s policies, principles and products, and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Measure and evaluate results of public relations efforts with the team.
- 7-9 years of public relations and media communications experience in a fast-paced environment, with a minimum of 3 years focused on corporate communications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- Solid experience creating proactive communications and dynamic content that promote and protect the Company brand.
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking and writing skills to represent the Company brand with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well with others and meeting deadlines.
- The ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to solve complex problems/issues thoughtfully, strategically and under pressure.
- To stay current and up to date with current media trends and technology – constantly looking for ways to improve processes and bring creative ideas forward.
- The ability to be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external role-players.
- To be a problem solver that’s skilled in adapting to changing circumstances in a busy environment.
- Demonstrated track record of going from idea to execution on multiple communications strategies
- Demonstrated track record of PR success and proven media relations expertise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and follow-through skills
- Expertise managing crises and complex, high-risk assignments
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly collaborative and capable of working as part of a team
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools
- Experience in agriculture, biotechnology, or science communications preferred
- ***A portfolio of work available for review***
**Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (), however, your resume should be uploaded via the “SUBMIT RESUME” button included within**
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts will connect you with premier companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in in your career. It all adds up.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDWaYE20XWLfngw