Direct Hire/Full Time
- Under general supervision and working within defined operation parameters, conducts bulk organic synthesis in the Kilo Lab and large-scale chromatographic separations in Separation Sciences Pilot Plant.
- Implements cGMP procedures and safe handling techniques of reactive chemicals, intermediates, solvents and waste streams.
- Reads, understands and records all information in GMP batch records as well as laboratory notebooks
- Maintains accurate records with an absolute focus on quality and compliance
- Sound grasp of basic mathematical calculations (e.g., ability to calculate volumes, areas and density conversions) is required
- Cleans and maintains mechanical and processing equipment as needed while supporting a GMP qualified maintenance program
- Supports operations occur on first and second shift schedule (current schedule rotates weekly between these two shifts), with occasional weekend and third shift coverage depending on business need
- B.S, in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or similar with 2+ years of industry or pharmaceutical experience
- Must have experience with production scale-up and understanding of taking a manufacturing process from pilot plant through large-scale production.
- Experience in thermal dynamics and flow chemistry and in GMP manufacturing of API is preferred
- Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (up to 50lbs)
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Groton, CT are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it’s the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?y4kSpI1waDTpNSeuMAL5VQn