Mechanical Engineer – Remote Job Opportunity – Portage, MI
Kelly Services is currently seeking Mechanical Engineer – Remote Job Opportunity for one of our top clients in Portage, MI
JOB TITLE: Mechanical Engineer – Remote Job Opportunity
INDUSTRY: Medical Device
WORK LOCATION: Portage, MI
DURATION: 12 Months (Temporary / Contract)
HOURS: 1st shift 8AM – 5PM
What you will do: Coordinates and conducts research and development, technical studies and testing which will lead to new or improved products under specific marketing, cost, time and regulatory constraints.
• Will determine specific processes and development schedules to meet pre-determined goals and objectives.
• Will develop test protocols, ensure testing is completed to appropriate test specifications and author test conclusions.
• Will monitor and control progress of projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed/achieved.
• Coordinates with other units, vendors and managers as needed to ensure specific cost, time and/or regulatory standards are met.
• Will evaluate final results of project and provide manufacturing guidance/assistance as needed.
• May participate in the prototype assembly and/or design of sub- or final assemblies of assigned products.
• Will submit periodic reports on assigned topics to appropriate personnel.
• May have contact with customers.
• Will be responsible for ownership of change control process for design changes
What you need: B.S. of Engineering (or equivalent) Minimum 2-8 Years of applicable experience required Basic project management (small project scope definition, task management, define deliverables) preferred Demonstrated experience with ProE or CAD. Demonstrated technical design and problem solving skills.
• Exercise discretion and independence when applying professional expertise.
• Must be able to manage time, projects, stress and conflict.
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills including written and oral communication.
• Must be able to bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervisor.
• Must be able to complete detailed documentation accurately.
• Must be able to analyze and correct complex process and/or product issues using independent judgement. integrates components to produce final product. Monitors quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluates a design’s overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigates root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
**Contractor will be remote until COVID restrictions have been lifted.** Other beneficial experiences include: Working with international teams Understanding of PLM systems like Windchill OnePLM Understanding of Medical device regulations Use of Pro Engineer CAD Authoring or updating technical drawings or specifications.
Kelly® puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly® as a firm with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety and flexibility of working on short term project engagements or prefer contract-to-hire or direct hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly® to explore opportunities that suit your specific professional interests.
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
- Exposure to a variety of career opportunities as a result of our expansive network of client companies
- Career guides, information and tools to help you successfully position yourself throughout every stage of your career
- Access to more than 3,000 online training courses through our Kelly Learning Center
- Weekly pay and service bonus plans
- Group-rate insurance options available immediately upon hire*
Let us help advance your career today.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?AKhuWvBUnsHVZAUUg6xWcQp