Long Term Contract!
Kelly Outsourcing & Consulting Group (KellyOCG), a managed solution provider and business unit of Kelly Services, Inc., is currently seeking a Mechanical Drafter for a long-term engagement at one of our Global clients in Irwindale, CA. This role is a full-time, fully benefitted position. As a KellyOCG employee you will be eligible for Medical, Dental, 401K and a variety of other benefits to choose from. You’ll also be eligible for paid time off, including holiday, vacation and sick/personal time. All KellyOCG employees receive annual performance reviews.
Position starts in Irwindale for 3 months and then will move to Irvine.
As a Mechanical Drafter, you will support the design and production of various Medical Devices, working closely with both Engineering and Production key stakeholders.
- Working independently and under limited direction, prepares clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail drawings from rough or detailed sketches, design layouts, notes or redlined drawings by performing the following duties:
- Makes final CAD and SolidWorks drawing and design layouts, checking dimensions of parts in relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of various mechanisms, drafting practices, and mathematics to complete drawings.
- Must be able to comprehend drawings as well as create drawings.
- Makes standard and non-standard adjustments or changes as necessary or desired. Makes recommendations as necessary.
- Draws complex finished designs from sketches, redlined drawings or from oral engineering presentations.
- Implements principles of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y 14.5-2009
- Presents finished designs and works with project lead and project engineers to revise and/or create new designs.
- Uses ACAD and SolidWorks to a proficient or advanced level; use other basic software to a proficient level including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Collaborates with Designers, Engineers and Production stakeholders. Participates in product Field Testing
- Ability to use precise measuring tools such as, but not limited to, calipers, indicators, micrometers and other lab equipment
- Make use of previous design experience and ability to research mechanical components for use in new designs
- Participate in design team regular meetings and design review meetings
- Communicate through email and phone with vendors to receive quotes and clarify questions they may have
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and adapt to priority shifts
Qualifications and Requirements
• Associate degree (A. A./A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and six or more years related experience and/or training in mechanical drafting and ACAD and SolidWorks training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A medical device background is not required but preferred. Both ACAD and SolidWorks is required. Basic skills with Excel, Word, and Outlook required
• This position is deemed essential and is required to work full-time, at our client’s site
To learn more about KellyOCG and our Managed Solutions expertise, visit us at kellyocg.com/Solutions/Business-and-Professional Services.
Important information: This position is recruited by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The Managed Solutions practice within Kelly Outsourcing and Consulting Group (KellyOCG ® ) is one focus within the full array of Kelly Services® workforce solutions.
Kelly Services has transformed from the staffing industry pioneer to a leading workforce solutions provider. KellyOCG is the distinguished outsourcing and consulting segment of Kelly Services, known for applying a forward-looking approach that enables companies to make strategic workforce planning decisions that impact their business and competitive advantage.
The Managed Solutions practice area of KellyOCG is dedicated to partnering with clients to architect and implement solutions that put them in a position to meet their operational obligation to their organization and freedom to focus on their more strategic business needs.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook , LinkedIn and Twitter .
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?CVZSAZ%2b0O0cyMgFM1EDnMQb