Kelly Services is seeking a Human Resources Manager in Kansas City, KS!
DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
Location: 530 S 65th St
Kansas City, KS 66111
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Human Resources Manager is a salaried position that will be responsible for the Human Resources activities for Best Harvest Bakeries and Beavers Logistics North America in Kansas City, KS. This is a hands-on position that will support division executives, as well as, ensure day-to-day processing as activities occur.
- This person s main functions will be safety, recruiting, training, document control, benefits administration, succession planning, and employee relations.
- Current knowledge of federal, state and local laws relative to employment, labor and benefits.
- Administer the medical, dental, vision, life, disability and 401 k plans. Manage workers compensation claims, unemployment claims, respond to EEOC charges, etc.
- Ensure compliance with applicable employment laws FMLA, EEO, ADA, etc. including working with distribution to ensure DOT compliance.
- Follow all OSHA safety and GMP standards.
- Ensure staffing levels are met through updating job descriptions, recruiting and management of temporary agencies and employees.
- New hire onboarding paperwork, orientation, safety training, and benefits administration.
- Conduct employee training create training classes as needed and track training completion.
- Assist Managers with employee development.
- Conduct employee surveys and focus groups.
- Create and maintain employee personnel files.
- Review and revise employee policies and handbook as needed.
- Manage effective safety and wellness programs.
- Promote positive employee relations.
- Manage employee relations issues and advise management on corrective actions.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to maneuver and multi-task in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as an HR Generalist in a manufacturing environment Intermediate
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to stoop and bend occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to work in hot and cold environments.
- Environment consists of various temperatures ranging from approximately -10 to 115 degrees Fahrenheit
- Working around moving mechanical parts and moving machinery
- Exposure to flour dust Exposure to high noise levels Working on or around stairs, ladders, and platforms
- 2+ years managing safety in a manufacturing environment
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SCP certification
- Experience with drug testing programs
- Experience with DOT helpful
- OSHA training and/or certification
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Qw84Iwizjj%2fw4Ok02CQMcAm