Just – Evotec Biologics is looking for a Principal Scientist or Scientific Director of Bioreactor Process Design to join a fast-paced, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team to lead all aspects of bioreactor development at our Redmond site for the advancement of low-cost biotherapeutics manufacturing. The position requires strong management and leadership skills as well as a deep understanding of mammalian cell culture and bioreactor development for the production of clinical and commercial therapeutic proteins. A proven track record of technical skills in this area, as well as experience leading groups of scientists is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively over teleconference and web-based meetings are necessary.
- Lead a diverse group encompassing all aspects of bioreactor process development, characterization, validation as well as tech transfer to manufacturing
- Drive technology development for process intensification and continuous manufacturing to reduce manufacturing costs and footprint
- Collaborate across the organization to speed time to clinic while reducing development costs
- Manage staff, capital resources and planning
- Be a technical resource on cross functional teams for cell culture and bioreactor processes, small scale models, process transfer and scale up, and authoring CMC regulatory sections
- Act as an internal technical resource for Manufacturing and Process Design, as well as a resource and subject matter expert for external clients and collaborators
- BS/MS in Engineering, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field with 15+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 10+years of experience.
- Expertise in bioreactor cell culture and perfusion technology development, transfer to manufacturing plants, and authoring CMC sections of regulatory filings
- Experience with commercial process development, process characterization, and validation
- Expertise in design of experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis
- Experience leading bioreactor development teams
- Experience with high throughput cell culture (e.g. deep-well plate assays, robotics such as Ambr) is a plus
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 100 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?jn7eaPLiUPQyvecWORS5qQf