Just is seeking a highly-motivated, detail-oriented, and driven Facilities Automation/Electrical Engineer that desires a significant opportunity to improve worldwide access to biotherapeutics. The Facilities Automation/Electrical Engineer will provide highly technical support for facilities, electrical distribution, and utility control systems: including the Building Automation System and SCADA systems that control critical utilities. This position will ensure that automation activities are planned and executed, taking into consideration Environmental & Safety aspects, resources and equipment availability, work permits, and materials.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Maintenance Coordination: Schedule and document maintenance related services for facilities automation system, including electrical systems and utilities.
- Operational Efficiency: Actively partner and communicate with key internal/external stakeholders to develop a maintenance strategy and definition of facilities automation activities within the utilities and facilities areas.
- Technical Expertise: Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for facilities automation and utility control systems; including support to main electrical distribution and emergency power generation systems to ensure full compliance with the good facilities management guidelines and regulations.
- Support Building Automation System(s) for manufacturing operations, lab environments/equipment, and office spaces
- Support maintenance and troubleshoot computer and networking issues in relation to SCADA and DCS systems for facilities and utilities
- Assist in remote alarm notifications from various systems, including the setup and modification of equipment alarms, contact escalations, users, and devices
- Assist in the installation and troubleshooting of instrumentation, such as flow meters, temperature, pressure, R/H, Differential Pressure, pH, Conductivity, and TOC analytical instrumentation
- Tune PID loops for various utility control variables including temperature, R/H, Differential Pressure flow, pH, Conductivity, and TOC
- Ability to analyze and repair highly complex interconnected automation process control systems
- Strong understanding of ladder logic, function block, and structured text-based programming in relation to programmable controllers
- Perform scheduled maintenance and preventative repairs on all electrical systems, equipment, and machinery, including electrical distribution system, motor control center, emergency power generators, and Uninterruptible Power Systems
- Perform regular tests to new and existing electrical systems, equipment, and machinery, both to spot potential problems and to ensure that systems are operating at their highest possible levels of functionality
- Design, modify and run reports from electronic systems that provide end-users with data for both business and regulatory needs
- Work with outside maintenance vendors, contractors, and suppliers to provide the site with quality services
- Ensure the completion of preventative maintenance schedule and corrective maintenance backlog.
- Use internal quality systems to generate, assess, and close Change Control, Deviation, and CAPA records
- Support site Safety Culture and implement plans to reduce the risk of identified gaps against EHS SOPs and Standards
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Associate degree required; Bachelor’s in science, Electrical Engineer degree preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years of industrial or process automation systems in Pharmaceutical facilities
- Knowledge of ISPE standards and with ISA symbols and terminology in relation to system loop diagrams and P drawings
- Proficient in the use and administration of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs; In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- Must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet, and body
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively lead cross-functional meetings and effectively engage management
- Strong Automation and Electrical background in GMP Pharmaceutical Manufacturing operations
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft office
- Proactively looks for opportunities to educate group and external departments
- Able to influence within the organization and provide leadership to the team
- Ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic and diverse environment
- Must be knowledgeable with respect to the operation and maintenance of the manufacturing facilities
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of manufacturing equipment and utility process, using P&Id’s, equipment manuals, specifications, and standard operating procedures
About Just – Evotec Biologics
Just – Evotec Biologics, wholly-owned by Evotec SE, is a unique platform company that integrates the design, engineering, development, and manufacture of biologics. With deep experience in the fields of protein, process and manufacturing sciences, the Just team came together to solve the scientific and technical hurdles that block access to life-changing protein therapeutics; from the design of therapeutic molecules to the design of the manufacturing plants used to produce them. Just’s focus is to create access and value for a global market through scientific and technological innovation. Our state-of-the-art labs and cGMP clinical manufacturing plant are co-located in Seattle’s South Lake Union neighborhood – the center of Seattle’s medical, global health, and technology industries and a noted top emerging life science hub in the U.S. Our fast-growing team of 100 employees is expanding Just’s innovative platform and footprint – building our first North American J.POD® commercial manufacturing facility in the Seattle area. For job opportunities, learn more at
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?e6qBK%2biM1unRPt1MTTIJrAi