JT4 provides engineering and technical support to multiple western test ranges for the U.S. Air Force and Navy under the Joint Range Technical Services Contract, better known as J-Tech II. We develop and maintain realistic integrated test and training environments, and prepare our nation’s war-fighting aircraft, weapons systems, and air crews for today’s missions and tomorrow’s global challenges.
– Essential Functions / Duties: While working within a military tactical monitor and scheduling facility, schedules and monitors flight and ground activities within special use airspace and restricted ground areas as a non-rated technician. Interfaces with multi-governmental agencies and coordinates real time issues to provide successful mission outcomes.
• Monitors autonomous and tactical controlled aircraft activities within special use airspace, answering radio calls from entering and exiting aircraft, providing range status information, weather conditions and pertinent data on other aircraft operating in the vicinity using computerized tactical radar and air-to-ground communication systems. Determines and issues boundary, traffic and safety advisories to range users to preserve safety-of-flight and assist aircraft to remain within scheduled airspace. Documents the progress and flight activity of air operations from mission execution to completion using a computerized range scheduling system. Coordinates, validates, and de-conflicts for the safe usage of various air and ground weapons.
• Controls access and monitors movement of ground activities within restricted areas using computerized vehicle tracking and land mobile radio systems. Validates authorized range user access and electronically documents ground activities with a computerized database. Ensures ground area integrity and safety during air and ground weapon activities.
• De-conflicts range activities aligning them by designated priority and time constraints, ensuring established safety and security parameters are maintained. Oversees maintenance and implementation of various range schedules ensuring correct application of separation standards for simultaneous air-to-air, air-to-ground and ground-to-ground activities.
• Uses established policies, procedures and subject matter knowledge to complete assignments of high complexity that vary in nature and sequence. Receives, analyzes, deciphers and takes actions; notifying key personnel and distributes range incident information in a timely manner to various government agencies using a variety of electronic mediums. Coordinates actions during Search and Rescue and other emergency events, ensuring accurate and timely dissemination of information to military and governmental command authorities, and to local emergency response agencies for responsive decision making.
• Configures, operates and monitors air-to-ground radios, landline communications networks, computer terminals, informational display equipment, and computerized tactical radar displays in the management of range operations and assurance of range safety integrity. Troubleshoots and corrects computerized radio remote control and tactical radar display software and hardware failures to preserve system sustainability.
• When assigned, monitors trainee capabilities and provides daily or weekly feedback, as directed, to the trainer.
• Performs other related duties as directed by supervision.
Work is primarily in a military operations facility environment under potential unfavorable lighting and climate control conditions, sitting for extended periods of time, significant use of computer terminals, in a low light environment while reviewing documents, ability to discern all colors of the spectrum, able to communicate effectively using active listening and speaking skills. Occasional lifting up to 40 pounds. Preferred Experience: Four (4) years’ experience in radar air traffic control operations and (2) years’ experience in military (range) operations. Experience and comprehensive knowledge of air traffic control and range operation procedures, and ability to apply multi-range scheduling procedures.
REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
: Must have demonstrated knowledge and ability to practically apply stringent operational safety and security guidelines, make timely decisions, and select courses of action under stressful conditions and emergency situations. Must have working knowledge of computerized electronic radar display systems, communications systems, and military aircraft operational characteristics. Completion of high school or equivalent and completion of an accredited military or FAA Airfield Management/Flight Service school or program. Must have 1+ years in air traffic control operations at a civilian or military flight service installation and 2+ years’ experience in military (range) operations. Possess knowledge of Air Force, DoD, and FAA flight directives. Detailed knowledge of the procedures related to flight handling, routing, airspace structures, and the relationship and coordination required between flight service and other components of the air traffic system. General knowledge of the performance characteristics of a wide variety of aircraft helpful, particularly with respect to the effect of weather on the safe operation of that aircraft. Skill to communicate effectively with pilots in a variety of situations. Must have knowledge of ground and airborne support systems. .Must have excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills. Must be skilled in working cooperatively and effectively with team members to facilitate a harmonious and positive team-building work environment. Must be experienced in the use of computer terminals and proficient in the use of word-processing and integrated software applications. Must be able to support a 24 -5 Monday – Friday; 10 hour duty schedule to include weekends and holidays, and function in a limited manpower intense environment. Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Security Clearance up to Top Secret and possess a current state driver’s license. DISCLAIMER The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?jSlYjNrrCnqRRwEKZVJY6Au