Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Jones Edmunds, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, and infrastructure.
Jones Edmunds is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our Jacksonville, FL office. You will help to lead and grow our presence with the environmental industry.
This position will require a unique set of skills technical, project management, communication, organization, proposal writing, and leadership. If you possess a proven track record of managing environmental projects, interact well with clients and coworkers, are a natural leader, and collaborate to solve complex problems, then this could be your next career move.
The Senior Engineer provides in-house expert project support, applying extensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields. The Senior Engineer uses advanced techniques to complete assignments. This position will work on high-profile projects or several projects of major scope with complex features. The Senior Engineer reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality and develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials, or products. This position assists upper management and staff as a technical specialist or advisor. BioWin modeling experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create detailed designs of wastewater treatment systems, biological nutrient removal improvements, biosolids handling and associated infrastructure. This will include plant evaluations, preparing plans and specifications, performing site layouts, sizing and selecting equipment treatment alternatives and unit treatment process selection to achieve effluent requirements, preparing cost opinions, performing life cycle cost analyses and process calculations, performing hydraulic analysis calculations and developing hydraulic profiles, preparing process and civil design drawings, and coordinating with CADD technicians for construction plan production.
- Provide senior-level technical support on construction projects including overseeing the review of construction submittals and construction site observations.
- Mentor staff and serve as a leader to expand our technological expertise in BNR, wastewater planning, design, construction methods
- Engage in continuing professional development to remain current in the industry and field..
Quality Program Responsibility
- Assume responsibility for the quality of work submitted. Review designs and documents before submitting them to the next review level.
- Provide quality control review of project work products in accordance with the Jones Edmunds Project Management Manual and Jones Edmunds Quality Program to ensure they meet Company, industry, and client standards and expectations.
- Complete peer reviews of work in a thorough and timely manner to ensure the quality and service our clients receive.
- Review the work that was completed under his/her direction or in his or her area of expertise.
- Submit work for quality control review on time and in a complete format.
- May function as a Task Manager, Project Manager and/or Engineer of Record on wastewater projects.
- Assist in the marketing of major wastewater projects and related BNR projects.
- Contribute to and prepare technical papers and presentations to be presented at conferences that highlight projects that we have worked on to aid in marketing effort our knowledge and skills.
- Interact directly with clients and serve as an expert on technical issues.
- Present a professional and positive image of Jones Edmunds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BS in Engineering from accredited college or university
Registration: Florida Registered Professional Engineer
Experience: Minimum of 15 years of progressive consulting or related experience
MS in Engineering may be substituted for 1 year of experience
PhD in Engineering may be substituted for 2 years of experience
Other: Publication/presentation record
BioWin modeling experience preferred
Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable MVR
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions. Must possess excellent critical thinking skills, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Must be able to successfully identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, and help others to improve their knowledge and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran/AA/DFWP
Jones Edmunds & Associates will not sponsor a work visa (e.g. H1B, etc.,) to fill this position.
We are a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment with Jones Edmunds & Associates any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation, drug screen and motor vehicle report.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Zm3%2fxizaWmlb%2fDI9lyOHWwt