The Director of Product Management and Innovation leads the product lifecycle management for assigned brands/segments/needs including assortment choices, product positioning and innovation pipeline, with the goal of optimizing revenue, margin and working capital deployment. This position may have a direct report.
- Translates business/brand strategy into innovation and product strategy through the management of pricing, margin, product positioning, on-pack promotions and assortment, and the development and execution of a new product pipeline.
- Manages the lifecycle of products in assigned brand and/or need states to optimize volume and margin.
- Maintains a consumer-first focus and understands trade customers’ needs while developing and executing innovation and product management plans.
- Be the expert on assigned brand/need states/categories, their performance, the competition and the trends impacting them.
- Provides Marketing and Sales with insights on product key differentiators and messages in order to maximize distribution and sales.
- Acts as the connection between Sales, Marketing, R&D and Operations as it relates to product life-cycle management.
- Monitors product performance including consumer and customer feedback, COGS, margin and sales, and recommends plans to optimize.
- Identifies gaps in the portfolio and recommend plans to fill these gaps.
- Identifies opportunities to improve performance of focus SKU’s (e.g. improved claims, better packaging, etc.).
- Helps determine consumers’ needs and desires by identifying research opportunities; works with Insights team to request research.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by assisting with forecasting as it relates to product promotions and pricing changes.
- Provides information for management by preparing analyses, reports, and presentations.
- Manages workflow for direct reports by setting performance goals and providing as needed constructive feedback and coaching. Conducts hiring, training, counseling, and performance evaluations.
- Performs any other related duties as may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related fields; MBA preferred
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) product management, brand management or innovation roles
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong cross-functional leadership skills
- Must be proficient with Word and Outlook
- Must have working knowledge of Excel
- Good written and verbal communication
- Manage the innovation program (IT)
- Develop innovation research best practices
- Manage the budget designated for innovation
- Transform and change culture to innovation
- Engage and lead the innovation process
- Incorporate technology into current innovation projects
- Promote technical innovation opportunities to business partners
- Help clients solve innovation related business challenges
- Work with brand innovation leaders to insert platform/s into the individual brand innovation plans
- Manage external vendors to facilitate innovation programming
- Manage domain experts staffed to innovation initiatives
- Owning responsibility for achieving annual innovation goals
- Generate new ideas by deploying open innovation methods
- Manage a roster of insights and innovation firms
- Drive the experimentation and innovation strategy to execution
- Enable business innovation through the creative use of technology
- Assisting with innovation and learning back office duties
- Maintain the governance model Lead innovation workshops
- Oversee ongoing development and management of internal innovation platform
- Work closely with the business teams to identify and formulate innovation opportunities Design the structure of innovation projects
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?L61lcg86dETp09a2D%2bXHnwx