Are you looking to make a difference in someone’s life? Are you looking to challenge yourself in research while helping our clients make their next discovery? If your answers are yes you may be our next Research Associate III in Analytical Biology. The Research Associate III works independently in the day to day laboratory operation, collection and review of data for the Analytical Biology Laboratory while supporting the activities of various service groups including ligand binding, flow cytometry, molecular biology and LCMS/MS, as needed. Participants will help in the creation of study worksheets, SOP’s and other controlled documents as assigned while providing support for general laboratory equipment and maintenance as assigned.
• Collect and organize laboratory data according to the appropriate oversight document (ex: Protocol, Analytical Study Plan, SOPs)
• Create and/or revise SOP and SOP forms
• Work independently in study-related tasks
• Perform quality control review of laboratory and study
• Identify and participate in-training/educational opportunities to strengthen and expand knowledge base
• Support and/or assist other departments as necessary
• Laboratory Maintenance (cleaning, ordering supplies, equipment PM, etc)
• Associates degree in scientific discipline or equivalent education and laboratory experience, Bachelor’s degree is preferred
• 3+ years relevant laboratory experience
• Basic to Intermediate computer skills
• The language skills required include, but are not limited to: the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and procedure manuals; basic technical writing with the ability to write routine reports and correspondence; the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
• The math skills required include, but are not limited to: intermediate to advanced math skills
• Additional skills required include, but are not limited to: general reading, writing and good verbal communication skills; the ability to troubleshoot, solve problems with advanced equipment and scientific methods; the ability to learn and understand complex theories and applications; the
• ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Shows initiative and advanced understanding of GLP regulations, SOPs, Study Protocols and plans
Work experience in any of the following areas: Ligand-binding assays such as ELISA, PCR, flow cytometry or LCMS/MS
Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS,Seattle, WA and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit .
• Job Family Valide Positions
• Pay Type Hourly
• Required Education Associate Degree
• Job Start Date Monday, October 5, 2020
• Everett, WA, USA
Please do not forget to mention Bio Careers when applying.