Altasciences is a mid-size contract research organization with a unique focus on supporting drug development from lead candidate selection to proof of concept. With over 25 years of industry experience, we provide preclinical and clinical solutions to an international customer base of biopharmaceutical companies. Our full-service offering in this critical stage of drug development includes program management, preclinical safety testing, clinical pharmacology services, manufacturing and analytical services, medical writing, biostatistics, data management, and bioanalysis services tailored to specific research requirements. Altasciences has facilities in Montreal, QC; Kansas City, KS,Seattle, WA and Philadelphia, PA.
Our team is made up of over 1,300 professionals from the medical and scientific fields who work together to achieve a common goal: to contribute to the advancement of life sciences. Bring your talents and forward-thinking approach to Altasciences and help us develop medicines for those who need them, faster.
Do you want a fast-paced, exciting and innovative career in research? Altasciences is currently seeking all levels of Research Associate to assist in daily activities and operation of the Analytical Biology laboratory including equipment maintenance, stocking supplies and general cleaning. Support and perform data collection activities including qPCR, DNA isolation, ligand binding assays, and flow cytometry, as assigned.
• Perform routine laboratory maintenance (including cleaning, stocking supplies, equipment maintenance tasks, etc.)
• Prepare materials, including animal blood and tissues, for analytical assays (e.g. bioanalytical, qPCR, and ligand binding assays) and perform the assays according to Protocol or other guiding documents with accurate documentation
• Maintain and document chain of custody for specimens, reagents, controls and samples in the laboratory
• Maintain and update facility records related to the laboratory and its analyses
• Review laboratory records, procedures and study data for completeness and accuracy
• Document deviations to laboratory procedures and study protocols and unforeseen circumstances in a timely manner and provide input for corrective actions
• Assist in calibration, optimization, maintenance and collection of data from analytical i nstruments
• Attend training/educational opportunities
• Assist other departments as needed
• Associates degree in scientific discipline plus a minimum of 6 months relevant laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Intermediate computer and computer software skills with Microsoft products including Word and Excel.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, software manuals, study documents, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
• Intermediate to Advanced Math Skills.
• Continual GLP Refresher Training will be required
• Familiarity with qPCR, Western blotting, and Cell culture preferred
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit .
• Pay Type Hourly
• Required Education Associate Degree
• Job Start Date Monday, October 19, 2020
• Everett, WA, USA
Altasciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, and protected veteran status, or disability status.
Altasciences uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.
To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit .
Please do not forget to mention Bio Careers when applying.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?0Qn%2bL5hYZNAj85BZ7a87BAm