Team Leader in the CLIA high-complexity Diagnostic Lab for COVID Testing (42 CFR 493.1461). Under the direction of a General Supervisor, the Team Leader is responsible both for performing and supervising lab technicians to conduct high complexity extraction/qPCR testing, sample management, and Data analysis. This includes specimen handling, processing, test analysis and reporting. The Team Leader will train lab technicians on lab protocols and supervise them to ensure they are following the laboratory’s procedures. The Team Leader will maintain records that demonstrate proficiency samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens. The Team Leader also has regulatory responsibilities, lab maintenance and organization, cross-training and collaborations with other University Departments.
This position is a 5 year benefits eligible term position.
Lab Responsibilities: As a working supervisor, provide training, guidance and oversight for clinical diagnostic technicians and perform testing of Nucleic acids extraction, qPCR, Data analysis and Management of specimens. Review, update and implement the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results. Maintain records that demonstrate proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications; Monitors test analyses and specimen examination to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance.
Regulatory Compliance: Responsible for cross-functional team’s adherence to the laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed; Ensure laboratory’s established policies and procedures are being followed and identify solutions whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance; Maintain best practices for CLIA audit and inspections, prepare and present data for assigned projects; Adheres to Princeton University’s core values, safety and compliance policies and procedures. Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and either must correct the problem or immediately notify the general supervisor.
Equipment Maintenance: Completes routine, preventative and corrective maintenance of automated instruments and monitors inventory levels of reagents and consumables, providing alerts when needed. Calibrate instrumentation, validate quality of assay, and perform cleaning, maintenance, alignment procedures, quality assurance assays, and troubleshooting on equipment.
– Bachelor’s Degree and 5 + years of experience
– Documented laboratory training in which the individual has performed high complexity testing.
– Hands on experience in RNA/DNA preparation, qPCR testing and Data analysis
– Excellent organizational and communication skills
– Effectively problem solve during execution of processing and testing
– Flexibility to handle multiple time consuming tasks simultaneously in a service-oriented lab
– Strong mechanical aptitude and an intense attention to detail
– Flexibility to work varied 8 (potential 12 hour) shifts
– Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to handle multiple time consuming tasks simultaneously in a service-oriented lab.
– Effectively communicate and problem solve during execution of testing
– Strong mechanical aptitude and an intense attention to detail.
– qPCR preferred.
– High throughput Automation experience such as Chemegic, Janus, Biomek, Hamilton.
– Flexibility to work varied 8 (potential 12 hour) shifts.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please do not forget to mention Bio Careers when applying.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?qO%2fUyymr5d10tLaTi5AUvwu