A new tab will open
Join a mortgage leader with full service mortgage servicing operations!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Brandon Zavala
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply on company site” button and sending us your resume.
A bit about us:
Excellent stability and growth opportunities for those that join our company and look to add long-term value. Well established process and company culture.
Why join us?
- Competitive Salary
- Lucrative BONUS eligibility
- Career Growth
- Full Benefit Packages
- 401k Match
- Sick Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Company culture/appreciation and more
- Manages group of underwriters.
- Assigns files to ensure workload balance.
- Manages productivity of each within standards set for department and loan type, set goals.
- Performs analysis of LOS production reports and provides updates to senior management on turn-times within
- Mentors and trains underwriters
- Provides upfront technical and guideline training, recommends areas of improvement, provides ongoing training,
promotes within department.
- Monitors performance of underwriter’s quality of work, technical abilities, and risk analysis.
- Reviews files for quality, provides 2nd signatures for files outside of authorities.
- Conducts regular meetings to provide ongoing training and feedback.
- Assists in the development of underwriting guidelines and training materials. Stays abreast of changes within
industry and how they affect company guidelines, underwriting workflow, policies and procedures.
- Works with senior management to establish department goals and objectives.
- Develops day-to-day processes that will improve performance of team and department, improves cost to
originate, improve customer service.
- Responds to post funding audits, investor reviews and various quality control reports as they apply to department
and staff. Establishes corrective action plans to eliminate and prevent reoccurring findings.
- Recruits and interviews for open underwriting positions within department.
- Acts corporate underwriter/manager during absences and vacations.
- Performs underwriting duties during peak volume and staff shortages.
- Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues and to negotiate and integrate difference
- Ability to interact with Senior Management as an advisor on projects, and to act as the company’s principal
spokesperson in area of expertise.
- Ability to make decisions that have significant impact on the department’s credibility, operations, and services.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on short-term basis.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on long-term basis.
- Ability to compute, analyze, and interpret complex statistical data and/or to develop forecasts and computer
- Ability to make informal presentations, inside and/or outside the organization; speaking before groups.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE & LICENSES:
- Current Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) License from NMLS required in applicable state jurisdictions.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- FHA Direct Endorsement license required.
- Eight (8) years of experience as an Underwriting Manager/Supervisor.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the “Apply on company site” button.
To Apply: Click Here