A new tab will open
Chef de Cuisine
Reports to: Executive Chef
The Jeff Ruby Experience is about excellence. It is captured in the quality of the food, the energy and elegance of the atmosphere, the impeccability of service and the overall dining experience. Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouses are well-known for award-winning U.S.D.A. Prime Steaks, Seafood & Sushi, premium Wine and Cocktail lists, and Impeccable Service. Collectively, these are the elements of The Jeff Ruby Experience, making it an incomparable total dining experience unlike any other.
In Jeff Ruby’s words, “our employees are our most important asset”. As such, we provide phenomenal benefits available to all of our employees including:
- Paid Time Off.
- Immediate enrollment into a 401(k) savings plan with company match after 1 year.
- 100% Company Paid Health and Life Insurance Plans.*
- Group Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, FSA, and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Schedules.
- Long Term Career Growth Opportunities.
*Company Paid Health Plan and Life Insurance Plans available for full-time (25hrs per week) employees.
The Chef de Cuisine will be responsible for collaborating with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef in managing the development of menus, purveyor relationships, back-office management, and employee training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with Executive Chef and Sous Chef to review assignments, anticipate business levels, changes, and other information pertinent to job performance.
- Assists Executive Chef by controlling food and labor cost and establishing goals and objectives that focus on profit, product, and guests.
- Maintain cleanliness in compliance with company standards and Health Department guidelines.
- Assists Executive Chef by controlling purchasing, receiving, purveyor lists, and inventory of all kitchen items. Responsible for developing relationships with purveyors.
- Assists Executive Chef to create seasonally driven menus and procuring best quality product for all menu items.
- Takes lead in menu development: Sourcing, Menu Specs, Training, Receipt Input, Data input, and Menu Change Procedures
- Assists Executive Chef by inputting data for inventory management and accounts payable purposes. Manages data entry for any new/changed menu items.
- Ensure all requisitions are processed properly and placed in designated area.
- Ensure all products are rotated on a first-in, first out philosophy
- Maintain exceptional menu knowledge and attention to detail with plate presentation
- Maintain solid knowledge of all food products and able to skillfully apply culinary techniques
- Maintain and strictly abide by State sanitation / Health regulations and Restaurant requirements
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Maintain supervisory role in absence of the Executive Chef
- Conduct inventory on a regular basis to ensure proper par levels
- Ensure food quality is superior and take action to correct any irregularities
- Effectively communicate with management, chefs, and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and/or employees.
- Ability to stand and walk during 6 to 8 hour shifts.
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and wipe.
- Ability to lift and carry supplies and equipment up to 60 pounds and place items on high and low shelves in storerooms and freezers.
- Ability to work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of heat and noise.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or recognized formal certified training program from a National Culinary Association or
- At least 8 years of related experience working at a fine dining restaurant
- At least five years of management experience in Food and Beverage
- Prior experience in labor and food cost control – understanding financials
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comprehension of English oral and written language
- Ability to deal with a diverse staff and to operate efficiently despite stressful time pressure.
- Strong coaching and development skills
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete and of high quality.
- ely manner, which is accurate, complete and of high quality.
To Apply: Click Here