The West Campus Student Ministries Pastor at James River Church will assist the Student Ministries Director in building an effective and viable student ministry for the students of James River Church and the greater Springfield area. The West Campus Student Ministries Pastor is directly responsible to the Student Ministries Director with ultimate accountability to the Lead Pastor.
The role of the West Campus Student Ministries Pastor will be to assist the Student Ministries Director in all areas pertaining to James River Youth Student Ministries, while focusing primarily on leadership of the West Campus student ministry.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for assigned campus during all services and events including physical set-up, dream team assignments, and overall atmosphere.
- Under the direction of the Family Ministries Director the Senior High Director would assume the role as the primary vision caster and minister to the needs of the Senior High dream team, students, and parents.
- Weekly communication with team
- Recruit, train, and develop a team of leaders and equip them to serve for services and events.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and developing a weekday team to assist with set-up and cleaning
- Organize training and development events as needed for dream team.
- Ensure that dream team is growing and that we are utilizing James River Church best practices for processing all dream team.
- Provide ongoing encouragement for Dream Team
Student Discipleship and Leadership Development:
- Develop leaders and systems for ongoing discipleship of students primarily through Life Groups.
- Lead student leadership ministry (influencers) and seek to develop ongoing leadership opportunities for students
- Develop relationships with area schools and sports programs to build relationships outside the walls of James River Youth.
- Recruit and train an effective team for senior high Life Groups
- Multiply Life Groups as necessary
- Monitor and maintain health of all Life Groups
- Develop a team of coaches to assist in overseeing Life Group ministry
- Communicate all details of Life Group in a timely manner
- Print and distribute Life Group discussion guides
- Be familiar with everything needed for a successful Life Group and ensure that all needed supplies are readily available
- Create samples of Life Group activities
- Provide atmosphere that is welcoming, exciting and staffed with Dream Team
- Set-up and manage games and activities in the venue
- Oversee set-up needs for each service as needed including but not limited to
- Chair set-up (at times coordinating with facilities)
- This role’s primary responsibility involves managing Sunday and Wednesday services and Dream Team as it relates to the senior high ministry.
- Overseeing the preaching and teaching of the Word of God to the senior high student ministry.
- Lead huddle times
- Must be able to handle discipline issues and handle confrontational situations with students, parents, and leaders in a manner that reflects the heart and views of James River Youth leadership team and of James River Church
- Distribute OOS for both Sunday and Wednesday teams as it pertains to the senior high ministry
- Acquire and organize all necessary props and materials for services
- Ensure backstage areas and supplies are kept clean and organized
- Set-up soundboard and microphones, TVs, and speakers
- A daily walk with Christ and an attitude and lifestyle that reflects this walk.
- A heart to serve God and people.
- An ability to learn and execute technical and production elements involved in the chapel and event ministries.
- Flexibility to make small or large changes in procedures, services, position, or other areas of ministry.
- A willingness to serve wherever and whenever the need arises, regardless if it’s in your job description or even department.
- Create an atmosphere in student ministries that will help students experience God in a way they’ll never forget
Training & Experience:
- Associates Degree from an accredited College/University
- 3 years’ experience in student and/or young adult ministry
- 3 years’ experience leading and managing a team or department
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?kteJpayibv2qzdm9IWPXFQe