Gift Processor/DB Specialist
The Office of Advancement Gifts and Records at James Madison University is accepting applications for a Gift Processor/DB Specialist. The Gift Processor/DB Specialist will be responsible for processing and recording gifts that are complex in nature to include major gift donations, as well as gifts to athletics, gifts received via the telefund and EFT. It will manage processes for Sponsored Programs grants, WMRA, and Non-Charitable Sponsorships. It will maintain biographical and demographic data in the alumni/constituent database.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Processes and records charitable gifts and pledges to the University; some may be complex in nature. Records gifts and pledges accurately, reflecting the wishes of the donor and according to the rules of the University, CASE guidelines, IRS regulations, and other government and industry standards and attends trainings to remain informed of any changes. Gift processing can include: checks, cash, credit cards, grants, gifts-in-kind, wire transfers, payroll deductions, and electronic transfers. Scans and manages electronic gift/pledge back-up documentation.
2. Manages system biographic/demographic entries/updates in a timely manner. Data entry includes: creating new constituents, maintaining address, salutation, phone, email, employment and relationship data.
3. Documents and updates departmental procedures and participates in the creation and implementation of new procedures.
4. Works with other University departments and the Foundation to assist with data accuracy and financial reconciliations.
5. Serves as point person for departmental (800#) phone calls; researches and resolves both internal and external stakeholder questions and concerns.
6. Assists as backup for all departmental-related duties as required.
– Proven ability to work independently and a team member with a high degree of accuracy.
– Demonstrated excellence in a variety of competencies including: teamwork, analytical thinking and client/customer awareness.
– Exemplary interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, including a high level of attention to detail, and the ability to reply in a prompt and professional manner is required.
– Must be able to solve problems and troubleshoot issues, work independently and use sound professional judgement.
– Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
– Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– Prefer a background in cash handling, charitable gift processing and system data management.
– Prior knowledge of IRS, CASE and related requirements for charitable contributions is desired, preferably in a higher educational setting.
– Knowledge of Ellucian Advance, iModules and Paciolan strongly preferred.
Maximum Starting: $40,000.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?E0ptG1ObUmZ4zhH8WplZfgo