Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
As part of Vail Resorts, all Jack Frost Big Boulder employees receive a FREE ski pass providing access to all of our 34 iconic ski resorts across North America. Employees and dependents can ski anytime, including weekends, with no reservations required (with the exception of possible blackout days if limited terrain is open).
You are the copilot, concierge and safety engineer of a multi-million dollar machine. You are responsible for the safe, friendly and efficient travel of our guests and fellow teammates as they navigate premier terrain. Make our guests feel welcomed by joining our team as a Lift Operator!
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the operation of the lift continually and notify the appropriate personnel of any problems or unusual conditions
- Maintain a safe work area, i.e.ramp heights, tools stored, mazes set up etc.
- Pleasantly greet, make eye contact, listen to and respond appropriately to every guest’s needs and or questions, in person, outside of the lift building
- Actively and efficiently perform maze control/ticket scanning
- Assist guests by “bumping” every chair;use “slow”/”stop” buttons when necessary
- Abides by operating procedures, i.e.opening procedures, downloading procedures, last chair protocol, etc.
- Follow and perform all company and departmental policies and proceduresi.e.punctuality, attendance, safety, dress and grooming standards, etc.
- Ensure garbage/recyclables are disposed of properly
- Help to preserve our natural environment
- Help guests and fellow teammates enjoy their time on the mountain
- Adhere to all ski/ride policies, i.e.Responsibility Code, designated trails, skiing/riding on and off the clock etc.
- Remember that fun is our product- create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to stand outside in inclement weather for long periods of time
- May lift up to 100 lbs., assistance is available for heavy lifting
- Must have strong observation skills and the abilityto make quick decisions regarding safety
- Must be able to maintain control and rational demeanor in emotionally charged situations involving guests and/or employees.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed
Jack Frost Big Boulder revolutionized the skiing industry. As the riding mecca of Pennsylvania, the mountain is designed for epic adventures. Join our team and experience the great outdoors like never before.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 265147
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?NVqZxK84JsNEFksH6aGOYAr