Note: Because of the current situation with the coronavirus the client will conduct phone and WebEx interviews. The position will be remote until the virus is no longer active then it will be an on-site position in either Austin TX or Franklin Lakes NJ.
The MemSQL/GraphDB Administrator will serve as a key member of the Enterprise Reporting Platforms team. This role’s primary focus will be to install and configure new Neo4j GraphDB Clusters and providing technical support to business stakeholders for Neo4j and MemSQL environments. The candidate will be responsible for installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of MemSQL/Neo4j and cross train to serve as a backup as needed for other BI Applications such as Tableau and Alteryx in the shared environment.
- Installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of MemSQL on Linux platform
- Strong knowledge of Linux server setup and deployment for BI Applications is a must
- Leverage different automation methods to deploy MemSQL/Neo4j clusters.
- Experience with Knowledge Graphs, Graph databases Neo4j.
- Develop process/automation around Database Security (Roles, Groups, Row Level Access etc)
- Troubleshoot Database errors.
- Strong Background around SQL & SQL Server Tools
- Familiar with data transformation/aggregation using Scala/Spark jobs.
- Contribute to architecture and capacity planning activities.
- Configure backup processes, document and thoroughly test restore of the clustered environment to prove out the proper backup processes in place.
- Work with cross-functional technology teams for provisioning new VMs, prep VM access, firewall changes, security updates, bug fixes, monitoring and performance tuning (scaling, clustering, Load balancing).
- Work with various technical teams such as security, network operations and dev leads to integrate MemSQL into external client portal.
- Responsible for server maintenance/Upgrades and validation after patching.
- Perform and support in Change management for software and hardware upgrades.
- Build reports/dashboards out of Metadata tables (Users, Tables, Databases) for MemSQL & Neo4j to monitor server usage to identify any performance issues or ways to best utilize resources
- Proficiency with scripting languages (powershell, perl, python) is a plus
- Involve in POC for open source BI tools and propose ideas to expand overall team’s skillsets.
- Manage and support migration of objects from development to production environments.
- Configure/Optimize Servers settings. Apply trace logs on servers in case of troubleshooting complex incidents.
- Work with stakeholders, including product and other engineers as needed.
- Apply database and application performance tuning techniques for keeping all environments at optimal performance.
- Provide off-hours and weekend support in an on-call rotation.
- 5-8 year’s relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or have a Master’s degree with 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Must have recent hands-on experience with MemSQL Administration in an clustered environment or recent hands-on experience with installation and administration or Neo4j (GraphDB) clustered environment
- Strong Technical knowledge in security and architecture of new patterns for BI platforms.
- Setup and configuration of Linux and Windows Servers (setup, configure, security implementation, firewalls requests etc.)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Deep knowledge of MemSQL Server or Neo4j architecture
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills to meet key timelines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for any employment visas, at hiring or in the future, including but not limited to H-1B visas. Corp-to-Corp or subcontract personnel will not be considered for this position.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?eKVBnpPjhpwMnxk8D5YTrwz