Chief Financial Officer
Native American Preference
Island Mountain Development Group
“Creating a self-sustaining economy from within”
Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Opening Date: January 8, 2021
Closing Date: Until Filled
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer (CEO – Chain of Command)
Location: Hays/Billings, Montana
Status: Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt, Executive Team
Preference: Native American Preference, FBIC Veteran Preference
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) issued by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and other regulatory and advisory organizations, and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. The CFO will have primary responsibility for the planning, managing, and running the financial activities of the company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time.
- Responsible for the company’s financial planning and analysis.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs, and evaluates the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the corporation’s programs, plans and diversification strategies as a member of the Executive team.
- Implements financial planning & analysis solutions to enhance the finance department’s ability to manage performance by linking corporate strategy to execution.
- Develops analysis and recommendations on diversification plans to ensure sound long-term investment strategies.
- Recommends investment strategies through sound research and analysis.
- Performs financial risk management by analyzing the organization’s operations and investments.
- Assists with Tribal Lending Entity (TLE) negotiations, the future growth of new and existing portfolios.
- Responsible for the oversight of TLE and other vertical forecasting and performance analysis.
- Develops credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and economic trends to assist the CEO, the Board of Directors, the Executive team, and other executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces accounting policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline as a mentor and supervisor.
- Continually improves the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting departmental budgets.
- Provides strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization, i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions and/or mergers and investments.
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Serves as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluates the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with an emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Responsible for the annual audit process and ensuring an unmodified opinion without audit findings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance required.
Certified Public Accountant designation required.
- Eight to ten years of relevant experience and abilities in financial management required.
REQUIRED RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES:
The required relevant experience and abilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to ensure a clean audit, in compliance with GAAP and GASB
- Accurate, effective, and efficient management of the company’s accounting functions and financial reporting of multiple verticals of operations
- Financial Technical Capacity and Business Acumen:
- Cash flow and cash management
- Financial planning
- Financial Analysis
- Financial risk management
- Development and implementation of sound financial policy
- Ability to lead in securing outside funding
- Ability to align financial planning and performance to corporate strategy
- Skillful leadership and ability to mentor and further develop current accounting staff
- Development and successful implementation of business strategy (C-Suite)
- Demonstrated professional and ethical conduct
- Team-oriented with the understanding of and commitment to company values and mission
- Oversees the Finance department, budget preparation, and audit functions.
- Works with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
- Travel will be required for Professional Development, conferences, trainings and meetings as a representative of IMDG.
- A valid Driver’s License required.
- A U.S. Passport may be required for travel.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift-up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access various departments of a given location.
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Hardship Assistance
- Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Clothing Loans
- Referral Program
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
IMDG is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and except to the extent required by its Native American Preference Policy and Veteran Preference Policy, IMDG prohibits any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This applies to all employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, termination, and other matters affecting terms and conditions of employment.
Island Mountain Development Group is a drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug testing may be required. Applicants must consent to a background check.
Click the apply link in this posting to email your resume and be sent an application.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?YA9oLha38bKE%2b50xX1MExwy