- Serve as an embedded financial and supply chain management consultant supporting the Navy’s SURFACE Forces Comptrollers (TYPE Commanders) portfolio in excess of $2B annually.
- Render functional and technical recommendations within the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) cycle segments with a focus on execution and audit for the operating forces (ships and squadrons).
- Develop recommendations to ensure financial data complies with the DoD Financial Management Regulations (FMR) or interpretation from Office of Under Secretary of Defense Comptroller (OUSD Comp.)
- Analyze customer’s financial data for anomalies, trends, areas of spending improvement, correct charges to operating targets, etc. Develop processes or mitigations to ensure accuracy of the financial posture in various accounts.
- Conduct analyses (e.g., Earned Value Analysis techniques, burn rate averages, historical data, etc.) of fiscal transaction samples and business process cycles to align fiscal trends with program requirements, promote efficient fiscal management, increase buying power and enhance audit readiness.
- Evaluate current fiscal trends, obligation and expenditure patterns, cost of programs, execution rates, etc. to develop strategies for budget adjustments and obligation validation using commercially available software and the client’s managerial and cost accounting products (e.g., Microsoft Excel)Recommend strategies for process standardization, corrective actions, and automation.
- Review, understand and interpret financial and associated logistics processes (e.g., un-liquidated obligations, internal controls, audit readiness, etc.) as directed by federal regulations (e.g., FIAR), command policy, customer requests and direct supervisor Create presentation/report/white papers that include financial and audit findings, processes done/strategies developed and future recommendations. Create visual representations (e.g., tables, bar charts, line graphs, etc.) of financial data to present to customers with Visio and PowerPoint.
- Complete Project Management duties including team, customer and risk management, scheduling and budgeting.
- Verifiable experience in the Navy Type Commander’s financial and supply processes for maritime operations.
- Experience with Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) cycles.
- Experience performing financial analysis.
- Experience with DoN or USMC Financial Management System (i.e. R-Supply, CFMS, SABRS, ERP, or other Command Financials Management Systems).
- In depth understanding of Navy financial management reporting practices, supply chain management and audit readiness initiatives.
- Experience in best practices with regard to consulting, documentation, support, and training for government personnel.
- Proven ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external constituencies.
- Prior supervisory experience/task leadership is preferred.
- Self-starter who is extremely results-oriented, with ability to identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutionsAbility to handle multiple projects and to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (e.g., Microsoft Office, Excel, VISIO and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree
- U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain the security clearance required for position: SECRET
- Some travel is required to D.C.
- 10-15 years of Department of the Navy (USN &USMC) supply/finance experience desired
- 3 – 5 years of Afloat/Type Commander supply or finance-related experience required
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?qO%2fUyymr5d2xSfwLs9VITQu