We’re hiring Bioinformatics Scientists with strong backgrounds in database development and management as they relate to human health and disease biomarkers.
InVitro Cell Research (ICR) is dedicated to solving some of the most difficult problems in aging and age-related disease. We’re a growing company with a small-group vibe and a highly collaborative work environment. We provide our scientists with the state-of-the-art resources they need to leverage their time and skills most effectively, empowering small teams of scientists to accomplish what would otherwise require much larger teams.
Want to join us?
As a Bioinformatics Scientist at ICR, you’ll get to:
- Design, build, test and refine multiple large biomarker databases in collaboration with multiple ICR teams
- Work with biological data analysts to access and improve large databases of health and disease biomarkers for use in predictive analytics and predictive modeling
- Conduct complex bioinformatics analyses on large genomics, transcriptome and epigenetic data from biofluids and cell lines as well as large protein, cfDNA, miRNA and epigenetic datasets
- Design and build streamlined pipelines and algorithms for database querying and multiple other applications to support complex dataset analyses
We’d love to hear from you if your background includes:
- An advanced degree Bioinformatics or Computer Sciences with a focus on database architecture, access and querying
- Extensive database architecture experience (e.g. SQL, MySQL, etc)
- Extensive programming experience and an intimate knowledge of programming languages for statistical analysis
- Experience mining, analyzing and exploring genomic, epigenetic, transcriptomic (RNAseq), proteomic, metabolomic, and other -omic datasets
Ideally you’ll also have:
- Extensive working knowledge of various AI/machine-learning algorithms and their implementation in biological dataset analysis
- A solid understanding of and appreciation for Bayesian statistics and methods
- Personal interest in using statistics to evaluate disease models and aging biology
And you’ll definitely need:
- Excellent English-language communication skills
- Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
- A can-do attitude and a friendly, easy going personality
Please Note: Position title and compensation are commensurate with experience.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?d6px1HJYfSMSUS%2bt8Mw8Ogq