Intertek/ PSI, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Technician ll, with certifications, to join our Building and Construction team in El Paso, TX.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of testing, project specific observations and site assessment duties under general supervision and/or from detailed controlled procedures.
- Operates testing equipment and conducts testing, (example: Soil, concrete or other) and provides assessment of data through reporting
- Works utilizing drawings, specifications and diagrams
- Uses specific methods to observe site activities and perform tasks
- Reads and Interprets Plans and Specifications
- Maintains and calibrates standard equipment
- Perform complex assignments
- Attend project meetings with supervision
- Trains other Technicians
- Make detailed observations and gives limited interpretation of results
- Maintains detailed documentation and data from test results
- Operates a calculator to calculate mathematical test results
- Communicates effectively with client and project teams
- Must be aware of, and adhere to, safety practices and policies to ensure your own safety, as well as the safety of others who may be affected by your actions at work
- Some Overnight Travel may be required
Essential Requirements & Qualifications
- H.S. Education or Equivalent, preferred
- 2-8 years of related experience required
- American Concrete Institute %26ndash; Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I Certification required
- TxDOT Certifications (Level 1A, 1B, SB102) preferred
- Must have Basic Math, Calculator and Computer Skills
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in verbal & written communication
- Must be able to read and understand work plans
- Must be able to work off shifts and overtime
- Must have a Valid Driver%26rsquo;s License
- Ability to lift, move, push and pull 50 to 75 pounds frequently. Occasionally, over 75 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, (hearing) and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Ability to kneel and squat occasionally
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Ability to climb occasionally
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance plans; 401(k) Plan with company match; Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, holiday); Flexible Spending Account (FSA); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement; and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex , national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?b2mHpI2NeAp0qrmOgI2eQwi