Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Test Technician to join our Building and Construction team in York, Pennsylvania.
Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Test Technician will support the Building and Construction business by preparing test plans, conducting performance tests on full-scale mockups of building envelope systems and authoring test reports. We%26rsquo;re looking for a motivated, self-starter with a technical aptitude toward building products and construction methods. There will be considerable interaction with customers and other project teams. The ideal candidate will have a balanced understanding of mechanical systems and equipment and modern office and laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
- Review project specifications and prepare test plans for approval by the project team
- Plan and install test equipment and instrumentation on mockup test specimen
- Conduct test sequences and record all data and observations
- Prepare and control all project communications including change orders, test schedule and invoices.
- Prepare final report for client
- High School or GED, An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is preferred
- 4+ year of relevant experience
- Good organizational, communication, record keeping and interpersonal skills are necessary
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs, bending, kneeling, traversing ladders, working from portable lifts and test platforms up to 60 feet high and working in adverse outdoor weather conditions
- Reaching and working overhead, working on their feet for extended periods of time
- A valid Drivers%26rsquo; License and acceptable driving record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world%26rsquo;s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?QEUWeZsKYUp0flrxu4WQrgx