Role -Network Engineer
Job Location: Houston, TX
Duration: 1 year
Need candidates with a good experience in Firewall, routing, switching expertise and experience with SCADA will be an added advantage.
I. Job Summary
Under general supervision, provides voice and data network engineering for hardware and/or software, design, planning and implementation of computer networks to meet business needs. Provides support for moderately complex networks in regard to planning, configuration, and optimization. Evaluates, designs, and maintains existing or proposed products/systems.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
· Provides support in the planning, forecasting, identifying and implementing resource requirements for moderately complex voice and data network systems (including wireless and VoIP).
· Contributes in network planning, network architecture design and engineering.
· Monitors cost/billing, installation, and support of network communication solutions.
· Designs more complex network configurations (integrating communication architectures) to maximize the sharing of applications, information, and resources across the company.
· Evaluates new software and existing products/systems and resolves network problems as they occur.
· Develops and documents technical standards and interface applications.
· Provides ongoing information to management, customers, and peers regarding enhancements and innovations.
· Monitors and performs network troubleshooting to isolate and resolve more complex network problems.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Preferred: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Intermediate knowledge and skills in one or more of the following is required:
· Knowledge and understanding of Load Balancing, Firewalls, and IPS’s.
· Knowledge and understanding of Cisco networking gear.
· LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
· Analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities.
· Experience working as part of a team in a project-centered environment.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Vendor/account management.
· Avaya solutions.
· Frame Relay, ATM, MPLS and/or VPN.
· Ability to effectively communicate information to peers, remote users, and management.
· Cabling/data center hardware and design.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks.
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?nIoAaHKcoi1e3dui1rdG%2bQe