THE O’NEILL SCHOOL – IUPUI SP (IN-SPEA-IUINA)
The Paul H. O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs at IUPUI prepares students to address the issues of modern society in ways that more traditional schools overlook. Founded in 1972, the O’Neill School was the first school to combine public management, policy, and administration with the environmental sciences. It remains the largest public policy and environmental studies school of its kind in the United States, with programs on both the IUPUI and IU Bloomington campuses.
Manage, supervise and coordinate O’Neill graduate and undergraduate student records. Records work may include: Admit graduate students to O’Neill, certify graduation eligibility and award degrees, minors, and certificates, process student record changes such as program/plan stacks, requirement terms, dual degrees, and graduation. Coordinate probation and dismissal reviews including service indicators and term history. Provide general student services support, which may include meeting with students to provide guidance on graduation, and assisting with student events like commencement. Work extensively with SIS, other university systems, and internal O’Neill databases and files. Assist faculty and staff with issues related to grades, drop/add, SER, and other academic issues. Represent the O’Neill School on different committees. Coordinate extensively with university Registrar.
Manage undergraduate and graduate O’Neill student records including:
- Process student record changes including program/plan stacks, graduation, requirement term and dual degrees.
- Coordinate the audit of student files and certify graduation eligibility for majors, minors, and certificates. Order diplomas and award degrees.
- Maintain Academic Advising Reports (AARs) and degree maps. Process exceptions for AARs. Conduct and supervise records audits to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate with students, faculty, and staff about student record issues, deadlines, dates, probation etc.
- Assist with maintaining accurate program information and school policies, including updates of the school’s bulletin.
- Calculate honors and enter in student records.
- Coordinate and participate in probation reviews.
- Coordinate, communicate and maintain Dean’s list.
- Process police and fire credit and other special credits.
- Aid faculty with final grades, changing grades, removing incomplete grades, etc.
- Assist faculty, student, and staff to resolve issues student record issues.
- Serve and attend relevant committee meetings campus-wide and within O’Neill.
- Coordinate with other Recorders as needed.
- Manage service indicators for O’Neill students.
- Maintain assigned advisor/faculty mentor system.
Student Advising & Event support:
- Advise current undergraduate and graduate students on program requirements, graduation and certification for degree.
- Assist with coordination of events for students, including commencement and graduation celebration.
- Provide logistical support to student organizations and honor societies.
- Provide support to the Manager of Graduate Operations with processing and communicating to admitted graduate students.
- Assist with tracking and reporting of admitted graduate and undergraduate students to support outreach and successful matriculation.
- Process admissions exceptions for undergraduate students.
Support training and oversight of front desk student employees:
- Train employees working front desk on student records and school policies.
- Serve as an ongoing resource to front desk employees.
- Back up desk on occasion.
High school diploma or GED and three years of related experience; OR two years of college and two years of related experience.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong attention to detail. Ability to work well in teams, work independently, and prioritize duties. Excellent computer skills and ability meet deadlines. Ability to perform well under pressure. Proficiency in Microsoft office suite and IU systems, including SIS, IUIE, and AAR.
Working Conditions / Demands
Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without an accomodation.
Salary Plan: CL
Salary Grade: 07
Job Function: General Admin
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at or by visiting IUPD.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?qO%2fUyymr5d2ffUQtzMDh4gu