Indian Health Service is hiring for an RN (Medical/Surgical/Obstetrics) in Whiteriver, AZ.
Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement may be authorized in addition to salary.
If Eligible for Recruitment Bonus and/or Moving Reimbursement:
- Relocation/Moving Expenses covered and arranged prior to moving with a moving company. Moving Expenses covered up front by IHS. Candidates must work for one year for expenses to continue to be covered.
- Recruitment Bonuses up to $5,000 Sign-On bonus awarded immediately, candidates must work the full year.
Pay: $51,708 to $75,267
Why Choose IHS?
- Do you have student loans? You may be interested in our Loan Repayment Program.
- Loan Repayment Application available after entry on duty
- 10 paid Government Holidays
- Government Benefits Package includes Multiple Medical Insurance plan options
- Pension plus Thrift Saving Plan matching 5% of Salary,
- 104 Hours Personal Time Off AND 104 hours of Paid Sick Leave, accumulated over the first year.
- Vested after 5 years: Eligible for pension after 5 years of working at retirement age (62)
- Ability to continue to carry government insurance after retirement at the same rate as if you were working
*Recruitment bonus and or moving of household goods may be authorized in addition to salary
- Accepts responsibilities as team leader and/or charge nurse. In the absence of the supervisor, accepts those supervisory and administrative responsibilities
- Performs comprehensive professional nursing duties to patients whose condition warrants specialized care including, but not limited to; Preeclampsia, Diabetes, Fetal stress, ROM/Premature ROM, Hemorrhage, Routine mother/baby care, Antepartum/GYN surgical care, etc. Assesses the patient and develops a plan of care for individual patients by interviewing the patient and family member, reviewing patient’s health care. Participate in staff development activities including orientation, mentorship, and sharing feedback from government sponsored training opportunities.
- Provides professional skilled, competent nursing care specific to age of the patient) adult, geriatric, obstetric, pediatric, neonate) to meet physical, emotional, spiritual and social cultural needs of the patient, by means of direct care and teaching
- Observes and assesses the patient’s clinical condition; collects and interprets data from the patient’s history and physical assessment; decides appropriate nursing action to be taken based on interpretation of data. Initiates specific nursing measure needed to ensure well-being of mother and baby.
- Operates and monitors specialized equipment such as resuscitation units, respiratory therapy apparatus, monitoring devices (cardiac monitors, oxygen monitors, etc.), IV pumps and regulators, temperature regulating devices, suction, blood glucose monitors, mist tents, etc.
- Administers therapeutic treatment measures such as medications, intravenous fluids, blood products, treatments and procedures. Prepares patient, completes or assists as appropriate during procedure and evaluates results.
- Facilitator of transfer services for patients via ground or air transport based upon patient’s condition and needs.
- In emergency situations, when a physician is not present or immediately available, initiates appropriate nursing measured, i.e. CPR.
- Must have Registered Nurse (RN) License or Certification
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- 1 or More Years RN experience
- Medical/Surgical and Obstetrics Experience Preferred
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing
About Whiteriver, AZ
Of all the areas to visit, travelers would be hard pressed to find a region offering more-more natural beauty, more history and culture, more recreation, more adventure, more memories-than Arizona’s White Mountains. Whiteriver is located within 20 to 30 miles from the resort towns of Pinetop, Lakeside and Show Low. Ranging from mid-desert in the lower elevations to more than 11,000 feet in the mountains, this region offers a four-season climate. Take the family to a different campsite every weekend. Drive the twisting roads of the Salt River Canyon. Marvel at the Mogollon Rim, a vast geological fault. Cast your line in a lake that mirrors the pines. Golfing is primo throughout the region in the warmer months, and in the winter you can’t beat a quick trip to the Sunrise Ski Resort which is only 45 minutes from the hospital.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Iy9klxetq0L5xqFf%2foZrvgr