The Sales Associate will be responsible for generating leads for the existing sales team and handling client support requests.
What you’ll work on:
- Maintain a self-starter attitude while creating outreach strategies for new lead generation methods
- Support senior salespeople on outbound strategies and lead generating efforts
- Be the first point of contact for new business prospects and determine the next steps for each prospect moving forward
- Establish active communication and engagement with prospects to create new leads and sales openings
- Collaborate with sales teams by creating innovative lead generation ideas
- Become familiar with IHS Markit’s Energy and Natural Resources product portfolio
- Assist senior salespeople by responding to client support requests
- Utilize SalesForce to track all client interactions
- Providing clients, both internal and external, with timely assistance whenever a question or issue is raised
What we look for:
- BA/BS degree and previous sales experience
- Working knowledge of the financial services industry
- Fluency in verbal and written English; knowledge of other foreign languages is a plus
- Flawless communication skills, both written and oral; public speaking experience is a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry; familiarity with the energy, chemical and/or natural resources industries is a plus
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel and SalesForce; experience using LinkedIn Sales Navigator or other similar prospecting applications is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and phone/email presence; must be able to deal with others in a pleasant manner and work under varying degrees of pressure and time constraints
- Great listening skills and responsiveness
- Personal initiative and ability to prioritize and multi-task efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work independently while still interacting within an integrated team structure
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 . Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?0GJT4SJYjS73MlRdp%2fCsIgz