Location: Tucker, GA
Duration: 3 months
– Perform the daily activities as described below.
– Perform various routine laboratory functions in a precise and accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to facilitate production.
– Sorting, and receiving specimens in the department.
– Performs routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
– Performs laboratory tasks of centrifuging specimens, printing extra labels, recording data (temperature charts) specimen storage and retrieval.
– Preparing reagents and or media in the department.
– Preparing specimens at workstations for testing. (Including building worklists , aliquoting specimens into sample cups, checking specimens for clots and fibrin, inoculation, slide preparation)
– Performs QA/QC duties as assigned.
– Resolves pending lists.
– Finds missing samples.
– Decontaminates work areas.
– Performs weekly radioactive wipe tests.
– Maintains files for department records.
– Changes gas cylinders.
– Follows all PPE requirements and all safety regulations.
– Uses the laboratory computer system as well as operates PCs.
– Disposes of biohazardous material.
– Completes training and competency checklists as appropriate.
– This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of the work performed by this position.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Medical assistant training helpful. Math and science courses preferred.
– 0-6 months of lab experience.
– Must have the ability to establish work priorities and to handle several tasks for maximum workstation efficiency.
– Must be able to retain information once learned.
– Must interact with other coworkers, internal and external customers with courtesy and respect.
– Standing for long periods of time.
Key Word Search:
– Laboratory, Medical
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment
that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, colour, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?Dydize0q0asAzVMn6Kjh2Qf