Location: Essexville, MI/ Saginaw, MI/ Bay City, MI/ Flint area, MI
Duration: 5-6 months
Document Controllers manage and oversee documents for projects. They ensure the proper documents are created and signed, that all data is accurate and that documents are stored and backed up and any retention policies are followed.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, capable of working well both independently and in teams.
– Responsible for receipt and distribution of engineering drawings and records associated with Gas Compression projects and plant modifications.
– Act as the subject matter expert for project document control/records management on assigned projects
– Manage assigned work and project files which include: drawings, specifications and other technical documents in both construction and final design stages that require processing and technical judgement.
– Ensure all technical documents, such as reports, drawings and other crucial project documents are collected and registered in the proper system of record.
– Perform advanced work in several areas of specialization/discipline that requires independent judgement.
– Interpret and analyze a wide variety of technical problems and issues on engineering drawings and construction project related documents.
– Perform a variety of technical tasks: participate in providing cross training to personnel at the sites, make confident decisions in support of the Projects and Plant to resolve daily issues as required.
– Provide weekly updates and/or progress reports to management upon request.
– Responsible for data entry and maintenance of drawings in ProjectWise which is used for tracking metadata and storage of engineering documents to assure configuration management.
– Communicate with Project Managers and Engineers to assure that support required is being provided.
– Update incoming vendor documents through ProjectWise Deliverables Management to assure the latest revisions of drawings and documents are available to all Site and Office personnel.
– Responsible for an administrative review of all drawings prior to issuing for record.
– Responsible for reviewing new drawing revisions prior transmitting issuing for record, issue new drawing numbers as follows:
– Check for adherence to our procedural requirements per standards & checklist
– Verify accuracy and completeness of documents
– Configuration Management (Revision Control)
– Active participant in project meetings
– Perform other duties assigned by Manager upon request.
– Background and experience in Document Control/Records Management and related Technical Support preferably with engineering
– Ability to manage and prioritize work successfully
– Ability to read drawings
– Strong communication skills ability to report to levels up
– Attention to detail
– Experience with creating and using Microsoft products and other complex systems
– Previous use of ProjectWise or other Bentley and engineering software products
Skills and Experience Required Skills:
Strong communication skills
Subject matter expert
English (Speak, Read, Write)
Minimum Degree Required:
Completed High School (Diploma or GED)
– Responsible for documentation and record keeping for gas records and other assets
– The document controller will support the engineering team to make sure they are getting proper documentation from person to person and each department
– Would be great if they have a background in document control, working with engineering documents
– Looking for someone that is an excellent communicator
– Needs to be someone that can prioritize their work and is a self-starter
– Strong attention to detail
– Document control is the critical portion, would heavily prefer it be from working with engineering background, but could be open to other document control experience.
– Is looking for 2+ years of document control experience if possible
– Drawings will consist of blueprints, designs, and other material
– High school diploma at least, college degree not required, more so focused on the document control experience as opposed to strong degree
– provided by Dice
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?nIoAaHKcoi1v7C2jrROJYge