NOTICE OF VACANT POSITION
Applications are being accepted for the following vacancy on the Management Confidential staff of Hudson Valley Community College, Troy, New York.
Director of Facilities HV-MC-18
In order to be considered an applicant for this position you must meet the minimum qualifications as stated in this announcement. HVCC does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must currently hold an unrestricted employment authorization to work in the United States and appointment will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Project Management, or closely related field, and at least seven (7) years of experience in facilities systems, maintenance, project and/or construction management with three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
- A working knowledge of Federal and state (New York preferred) safety laws and building codes, general construction, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. An understanding of the challenges and functions of a large complex facility with the ability to review and evaluate project drawings and specifications.
- As a member of the college leadership, the ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal skills to be able to successfully interact with administration, faculty, staff, students, and external stakeholders. Strong problem-solving and prioritization skills also required. Experience working in an educational institution with multi-trades and labor union(s) is preferred. Experience working at a community college is highly desirable.
- Nature and Scope of Duties:
The Director of Facilities reports to the Vice President for Administration and/or their designee, and performs the following duties:
- Oversees the maintenance of the College facilities and grounds. Generates and manages all projects of repairs, renovations, restoration, remodeling, and new construction. Proactively establishes and implements changes to standards and procedures that enhance the quality and delivery of services to ensure the department is meeting its goals and evolving to the meet the changing needs of the College community.
- Directs the operations, including scheduling and assignments, of maintenance, HVAC, electrical, grounds, custodial services, painting/carpentry, and inventory of tools and equipment at Hudson Valley Community College. Ensures compliance with Building Codes, ADA Regulations, and all state and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsible for maintaining an inviting, clean and accessible campus that welcomes students, faculty, employees, and the community. Supervises the planning, coordinating, scheduling of daily work/projects for the trades, maintenance, custodial, and grounds operations.
- Initiates training programs and professional development opportunities for all trades, maintenance, custodial and grounds personnel, including the use of college’s work order system. Assumes primary responsibility for all personnel matters including hiring, evaluations, mentoring, counseling, and disciplinary actions within Facilities.
- Maintains accurate inventory of facility vehicles, supplies, equipment, records, and physical space inventories.
- Serves as the College’s Energy Manager. Oversees the staff and operations of the Cogeneration Plant.
- Leads the Facilities’ strategic planning efforts.
- Develops preliminary studies relating to new and/or long-range planning for capital construction projects.
- Prepares plans and specifications for capital projects Develops project scopes, specifications, proposals and budgets for College facility projects. Small projects are expected to be developed and managed in house. Larger projects are developed with outside consultants. Ensures proper bidding processes are followed, when appropriate.
- Maintains plans and records relating to capital project growth. Reviews and certifies requisitions and documents of all contractors in connection with capital construction contracts.
- Develops efficient land usage and land acquisition consistent with Master Plan projects of the College.
- Develops specifications for and monitors all service contracts.
- Develops annual operating and capital budgets and monitors expenditures to assure funds are effectively utilized and limited to the allocation.
- Assists with communications with SUNY facilities planning officials and representatives of the local sponsor.
- Participates in the Joint Building Committee of Rensselaer County and Board of Trustees as the College’s Administrative Representative as assigned.
- Consults, plans and advises College Administration and staff in affairs relative to the College Facilities. Acts as liaison to other departments and staff to build positive public relations with Campus and community.
- Exercises direct supervision over the Manager of Physical Plant, Secretary, Principal Account Clerk, Senior Stationary Engineer and Facilities Documents and Records Manager.
- Serves as Co-Chair of the College’s Emergency Preparedness Committee.
- Implements, where applicable, the terms and provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreements covering the Non-Instructional Employees Union (NIEU) and the Non-Teaching Professionals (NTPO).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Salary Range is $80,000.00 – $90,000.00
Visit our Employment Opportunities page to apply. We are accepting applicants until the close date of January 30,2021.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Hudson Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/ Employer
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/ATSApply.aspx?e6qBK%2biM1ulVAbwrNzKDRwi