Working at Horizon is more than a job – it’s personal. For us, success is measured by the numbers that matter most – the number of lives we touch, the number we change and those we work tirelessly to help save. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help others live up to theirs.
Responsibilities: This position is responsible for the U.S. fixed assets portfolio management and the fixed assets month-end close process which includes accurate and timely transactional processing, data verification, journal entries, depreciation run, sub-ledger to general ledger tie-out, balance sheet account reconciliations, PP&E roll-forward, cash flow analysis and ad hoc reporting. Additionally, the role will support the accounts receivable function.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform the fixed assets month/year-end close activities which include preparing, reviewing and assessing journal entries, accruals, reconciliations to ensure all Horizon Therapeutics financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Review and reconcile all construction in progress projects and ensure that fixed asset entries are reviewed and posted timely in accordance with the monthly close calendar.
- Prepare accurate balance sheet account reconciliations to meet closing deadlines and perform month-end close balance sheet variance analysis and explanations.
- Partner with various internal or external customers to monitor and maintain the fixed assets sub-ledger (for both tangible and intangible assets), and ensure proper accounting of existing assets, new capital investments, impairments and/or retirements.
- Review accounts payable transactions, assess the accounting treatment and classification, and perform applicable manual adjustments to ensure accurate capital expenditure reporting.
- Record capital asset acquisitions, disposals, transfers, and fixed assets depreciation run in the sub-ledger. Complete the monthly sub-ledger to general ledger tie-out, PP&E roll-forward and the cash flow analysis.
- Monitor and review ongoing capital projects, maintain monthly construction in progress schedule, track project costs to budget, and work closely with business partners to ensure timely in-service dates with proper useful lives and asset classifications.
- Responsible for the fixed assets balance sheet forecast and depreciation projections.
- Prepare fixed asset reports and schedules in support of external financial reporting, external audit, tax and government reporting.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets and recommend to management fixed assets disposals or adjustments.
- Conduct annual review of asset lives for all asset categories to ensure they are consistent with company policy and GAAP.
- Perform analysis related to fixed assets as requested by management.
- Identify issues and implement controls to minimize risk and maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Maintain knowledge of functional area and document policies and procedures.
- Assist with cash, credit and collection activities related to the Company’s accounts receivable function.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement. Offer recommendations to process improvement/automation.
- Other job duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BS degree in accounting.
- 3+ years of prior accounting experience, preferably in fixed assets.
- CPA and public accounting experience strongly desired.
- Experience with a major ERP financial system, particularly SAP, is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Detail oriented, strong analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- High level of integrity and values to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Great organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Horizon Core Values & Competencies:
- Manages Ambiguity
- Strategic Mindset
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Cultivates Innovation
- Develops Talent
- Drives Results
- Ensures Accountability
- Decision Quality
- Instills Trust
Horizon Therapeutics plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.