Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $19.21-$32.38
Join our growing Hoosier Hills Credit Union (HHCU) team as part of our newest, full-service financial Service Center in Ellettsville, Indiana! Our Ellettsville location is currently under construction, and we are now hiring dynamic, community focused sales and service professionals to bring our mission, products, and services to the Ellettsville/Monroe County Market.
The Member Advisor (MA) ensures that HHCU members are consistently satisfied in the service they receive and are being offered the right products and services to meet their financial needs. Responsible for establishing new member relationships and strengthening existing ones. Through friendly consultation and collaboration, the MA identifies and recommends HHCU products and services in a way that creates a member experience that surpasses expectations with every interaction. The MA is responsible for advising, cross-selling, and completing transactions and general account service needs, which range from transaction and account maintenance requests, product and service inquiries, new account applications, and loan applications.
Mission and Service – Is an integral part of the Hoosier Hills Credit Union and Service Center team in living out our corporate mission; To be better for our members by making a positive difference in their lives and the communities we serve.”
- Consistently delivers outstanding service to both internal and external members that is in alignment with the Credit Union’s Service Promises.
- Always acts in the best interest of the member and the Credit Union.
- Maintains the highest level of professionalism when interacting with members through friendly, informative, and helpful communications, which are key to understanding and identifying member needs, solving problems and in representing the Credit Union.
- Increases member satisfaction by taking ownership of each request and being highly responsive to the needs of members and in finding solutions that meet or exceed their expectations.
- Builds rapport by establishing credible relationships with members and prospective members through consistent high-quality service.
- Utilizes other business units as needed to assist members.
Member and Business Focus – Continuously champions knowledge of and experience with member interactions to be a trusted resource in developing and expanding the membership with each opportunity for member interaction.
- Creates business value for the membership and aligns the organization with success by constantly targeting and selecting product and service solutions that are best for the member so that their financial goals may be achieved.
- Serves as a trusted resource to members and fellow team members by possessing strong knowledge of HHCU products, services, and member experience standards, and always acts in the best interest of the member.
- Engages in problem resolution from start to finish by clarifying the issue, determining the cause, and following up to ensure there is a resolution.
- Achieves expected sales and service results by taking personal ownership of referral and cross-selling processes and aligning personal goals with the goals of the organization.
Acumen and Technical Savvy – Possesses proficiency in account maintenance, lending, banking systems, and process knowledge to ensure records accuracy, policy compliance and member satisfaction with every transaction.
- Performs teller transactions, account maintenance, opening of new accounts, and processing loans in a proficient and accurate manner within security guidelines and with few errors.
- Resolves problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts and transitions between responsibilities effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the members.
- Underwrites consumer loans according to established policies, guidelines, and procedures to find solutions that fit member needs while minimizing risk.
- Advises and assists with budget counseling, consolidations, pay methods, and other areas relating to member’s financial needs.
- Performs branch opening and closing procedures as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes annual Bank Secrecy/OFAC and any related training annually as assigned by Training or Compliance Staff. Comply with all applicable BSA/AML laws, rules, regulations, policies, and business practices established by Credit Union management.
Teamwork and Collaboration – The consistent focus on team involvement and in personal growth through sharing and implementation of creative ideas that provide membership business value and enhance a positive work environment.
- Maintains supportive communication with supervisor and team members, reports problems, developments, changes, and other important information regarding responsibilities.
- Makes plans happen through awareness, involvement, constant communication, and continual learning.
- Shares opportunities for improvement with appropriate managers. Performs on-going self-evaluation.
- Attends and supports branch events and other community outreach efforts as needed and attends to operational needs and issues as they arise.
- Strives to improve self and team to create strategies for future focused positive results.
For company use only – PM19
- Excellent communications skills (both oral and written)
- Professional appearance and demeanor, good interpersonal relations skills, and positive and optimistic outlook
- Strong knowledge of retail delivery products and other Credit Union products and services
- Strong and consistent sales and service performance
- Requires judgment to apply broader aspects of established practices to situations, which go beyond clear, concise guidelines
- Ability to gather and analyze data
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationship with management, peers, employees, and vendors
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- 1-2 years’ experience working in retail setting with daily customer interaction
- Experience preferred in cash handling and clerical office work
- Loan trained and qualified with knowledge of the fundamentals of lending, policies, and principles, preferred
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Normal accessibility of branch and corporate work sites required for the position
- Normal physical mobility and agility, which includes movement from place to place on the job, and the ability to maneuver body while in place
- Normal dexterity of hands and fingers
- Normal coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot
- Works in typical administrative setting with climate control and appropriate lighting
- Work requires occasionally lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, taking frequency into consideration
Perform other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time or without notice.
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?cv44x0PdnXcbBZkHHAKiKgu