Interested in making a difference in the lives of others? Join our growing organization and go home every day knowing that your leadership made a difference in the lives of others!
We are looking for a strong leader to join our Fox Valley Operations Management team. The Direct Support Supervisor provides oversight of our Harrison Program. The program is a 1-bed behavior health program providing services to a male adult with mental health needs and who requires behavior management. We will rely on you to meet administrative needs, staff supervision requirements, and providing primary support services for our clients.
Successful Supervisor candidates will be professional, have exceptional problem solving skills, be able to remain calm in stressful situations, and demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Hours: 1st shift with on-call responsibility
HIL offers competitive starting pay and benefits, and is excited to be 100% employee-owned ! Enjoy the benefit of being a co-owner in the company!
We are looking for team members who will embrace our Beliefs and Behaviors: Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Openness, Continuous Learning and Innovation.
A Direct Support Supervisor (DSS) provides oversight of the assigned program(s) meeting administrative needs, staff supervision requirements, and providing primary support services for the Company’s clients. The DSS is responsible for day-to-day service delivery based on individual client service plans, providing supervision to direct support staff, and managing the household needs of the assigned residential setting(s). The DSS may be assigned to more than one residence or service location. Tasks may vary depending on the broader organizational structure that hosts the position.
- Management tasks include: Performance management of employees, maintaining work schedules, training of staff, implementation of company policies and procedures, management of client funds, maintaining excellent communication with guardians/case workers/management and overall health monitoring of clients
- Direct care tasks include: Client assistance with daily living activities, transportation of clients, cooking, cleaning, personal cares, developing and maintaining positive self-image, empowering the use of their own coping skills and making healthy decisions, functional social and community skills, recreational activities and redirection of challenging behaviors, utilizing defensive moves as needed to ensure safety of clients and staff
Additional Core Responsibilities:
- Responding to verbal and physical aggression, property destruction, and elopement
- Report allegations of abuse, resident rights violations, conflict of interest, harassment, or fraud to management
- Maintain cleanliness, safety, and physical condition of home, equipment, and premises
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality
- Exercise sound personal judgment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Requires two (2) years experience providing community based residential support services in a long term community-based care setting and demonstrated mastery in providing direct client care of the target population of the assigned program(s)
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and motivating staff in a high turnover environment strongly preferred
- Maintains self-composure and self-control under stressful conditions. Clients may exhibit physical aggression, challenging, or offensive behaviors
- Demonstrates effective written and oral English communication skills
- Valid Driver’s License for 3 years with an acceptable driving record per HIL’s policy, and an insured vehicle
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Travel within the region as needed
- Successful completion of a caregiver background check as mandated by Wisconsin Chapter DHS 12
- Successful completion of a pre-employment TB test and health screen
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?KTp74skQKYIyQREOEvtv9Ql