Responsiblefor axle/suspension/brake control systems development of various complex electroniccontrol modules and sensor solutions for commercial vehicles. Supervise, guideand direct a product development team with specific focus on electroniccontrols.
• Build, develop, andSupervise a team responsible for control system strategies.
• Provides leadership and expertise in theareas of programming of ECU’s (Electronic ControlUnits), operator interface design, system implementation, testing andvalidation of hardware and software systems.
• Provides continuous improvementthrough employee development, process improvement and elimination of waste, andeffectively manages technical professionals, providing leadership, coaching,and opportunities for employees to develop.
• Develop specificationsfor vehicle axle/suspension/brake controls for commercial vehicles.
• Manage and provide guidance on the delivery process ofintegrated hardware, software & calibration for control system designs in accordance with a phase gatedevelopment process.
• Establish and maintainElectrical Control Engineering standards, procedures, performance levels anddocumentation requirements.
• Lead DFMEA teams forcontrol systems in their intended application.
• Supervise and evaluatethe validation testing process for troubleshooting issues.
• Maintain relationshipswith professional associations to keep informed with existing and evolvingindustry standards and technologies.
• Manage the creation, design, calibration and development ofadvanced embedded vehicle suspension sensing and control systems (ATIS,Load-Scaling, Load-based control of lift axles and tire pressure, etc)
• Develop,approve and plan the execution of comprehensive DVP&R plans working with internaland external sources to formulate, conduct, and capture validation tests atvarious levels (SIL, HIL, Component and Vehicle).
• Act as the Primary electronic controls support interface to theorganization, including executive management, for guidance on controls productstrategy, as well as high level sourcing decisions and potential M&A.
• Serve as technical expert on embedded controllers and controlsystems.
• Oversee the development of softwarevalidation tools using MATLAB/Simulink.
Education and Training
• B.S./M.S.in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or arelated field.
• Minimumof 10 years’ experience within the field of vehicle control systems developmentincluding hands-on in several of the following areas:
• SIL/HIL,automotive/commercial vehicle control systems, ABS/EBS/ESC.
• Software developmentincluding development of “C” code or model-based applications
• Controls system andstate machine development experience
• Engineering complex embedded systems, preferably automotivesafety critical systems
• Electronic control module, sensor or actuator development andtest engineering
• Requirements development and validation within a phase-gatedproduct development process
• Security encryption protocols and techniques
• High level of competence with software and hardwarerequirements including vehicle electrical and communications (CAN J1939)architectures
• Wireless communication protocols (i.e. Bluetooth, WiFi802.11x, Thread, RF, etc.)
• Troubleshooting software anomalies using software developmenttools
• Understandingof industry standards/guideline processes:
• ISO26262 – Road Vehicles – Functional Safety
• ISO11992 – Digital Information Exchange
• SAEJ1939, SAE 2497, SAE 1587
• Experience managing a team of technical professionals.
• Experience using a mix of theory, computer simulation, andin-vehicle testing.
• Experiencewith vehicle control systems validation at different levels(SIL/HIL/Component/Vehicle).
• Experience with data acquisition/analysis tools such as;MATLAB, Simulink, dSpace, Vector CANoe.
• Expertknowledge in one or more standard communications protocols:
• Wired- CAN, LIN, Ethernet, etc
• RF- 2.4gHz (BlueTooth, Thread, WiFi), 433mHz, etc
• Experienceleading DFMEAs for control systems.
• Experience with exposure to high level management, such asvehicle chief engineers, as well as with experts in the field of controls.
• Demonstratedexpertise using standardized problem-solving techniques.
• Abilityto work in a fast-paced development environment.
• Goodteam player with great communication skills.
• Self-motivated:demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
*This is not a comprehensive list of duties. Duties may change without notice in management’s sole discretion. Hendrickson is an at-will employer, each employee is free to resign at any time, just as Hendrickson is free to terminate employment at any time without cause or notice.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer: veteran / disability
Primary Location: US-OH-Canton
Work Locations: 9260 Pleasantwood Ave NW Canton 44720
Job Type: Full-time
Job : Jan 25, 2021, 8:23:55 AM
To Apply: https://www.jobg8.com/Traffic.aspx?%2by1pS5HEbDULxjSC6JAUcAw